Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Appendix Carry Fundamentals

Appendix Carry Fundamentals

IDPA National Champion Mike Seeklander covers all of the fundamentals, benefits, and disadvantages of the Inside Waistband Appendix Carry (AIWB) position.

Don't carry those cheap striker pistols appendix or you'll die! Use our pistol from wilson combat that was "made for appendix carry" [emoji1787]

Mike is one of the better instructors on the market today!! he actually understands AIWB carry unlike so many "BTDT" instructors... Id highly recommend his training.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Site Supporter
    I know only one guy who blew off his nuts when using appendix carry so I won't generalize from a sample of 1.

"strongly consider carrying a gun with a manual safety"

*looks at who sponsored the video*

"yep."

*turns off video*
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

"yep."

*turns off video*
    Wow.... through the baby out with the bathwater hmm... Sad deal.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

"yep."

*turns off video*

Regardless of who made the video, the points are valid and many of them align closely to some of Todd's thoughts on the matter.
    It's not like anyone felt the need to make a gadget of some kind to help with the safety aspect of some striker fired guns
    Last edited by Artemas2; 08-21-2019 at 07:21 AM.

He makes solid points, except for suggesting that the margin of error for appendix with a DA pistol comes from the long, heavy trigger pull. No mention of thumbing the hammer during reholstering.
    Last edited by boing; 08-21-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Regardless of who made the video, the points are valid and many of them align closely to some of Todd's thoughts on the matter.
    It's not like anyone felt the need to make a gadget of some kind to help with the safety aspect of some striker fired guns
    Glocks not coming with an SCD originally was a development oversight and not something that was derived from or for appendix carry specifically. Those who developed the SCD did so because Glock failed to do so and they found an excellent opportunity to make an absolutely required modification, which should have been OEM.

Beyond that, people have carried Glocks and other striker fired pistols AIWB for decades before this video came. Both professionally, and recreationally, and self inflicted gunshots wounds could exclusively be attributed to improper gun handling and training.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I know only one guy who blew off his nuts when using appendix carry so I won't generalize from a sample of 1.
    Well technically a sample of 2.

On topic: Video was useful but I did not find much new over what I’ve learned here on AIWB over the years. Much respect to Mr. Seeklander’s Service and status as a USPSA GM.

I do (or did) carry briefly AIWB before concluding it was not for me. I now use a RCS Perun AOWB. I’m in between Glocks but my old G26 (sold) and new G43X (future purchase) had/will have Striker Control Devices by Tau Development Group.

‘As a noob’ the concept of holstering a Glock gave me pause. And in fact the availability of the Gen 5 SCD was the final factor in purchasing a Gen 5 Glock a few years ago. I would most probably not have sold my HK P30SK LEM, absent the SCD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List