Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Appendix Carry Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLapre View Post
    Yep. A small piece of debris got inside and bound the system up. I will say this was a pre-production model during a ammo intensive class, but left me with doubt enough to never use one again.
    This occurred in front of a couple people on this site .
    Was this reported to @Tom_Jones? Did he analyze or provide any insight on the matter? First I'm hearing of it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Nope.
    Thought not. Disappointing...as now we have an allegation without any substantiation or further analysis / explanation of the root cause of the issue.

Yep. A small piece of debris got inside and bound the system up. I will say this was a pre-production model during a ammo intensive class, but left me with doubt enough to never use one again.
    This occurred in front of a couple people on this site .
    Could you @ them? I'm curious how a small piece of debri could lock it forward.

Appendix Carry Fundamentals

There’s a lot of data on trouble free SCD function in dirty conditions from @SouthNarc ‘s ECQC classes.

I trust the SCD and have them on all my Glocks. Relevant to this thread, the SCD makes carrying a Glock safer—especially in AIWB.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-01-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    There’s a lot of data on trouble free SCD function in dirty conditions from @SouthNarc ‘s ECQC classes.

I trust the SCD and have them on all my Glocks. Relevant to this thread, the SCD makes carrying a Glock safer—especially in AIWB.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thought not. Disappointing...as now we have an allegation without any substantiation or further analysis / explanation of the root cause of the issue.
    It wasn’t an allegation. As stated it occurred years ago and at the time didn’t even know who manufactured it. It was given to me and if I’m correct by the original company that did the pre-production ones. It was placed on hold due to legal or liability issues and later produced again by a different organization.

So before I get accused of accusations of a faulty product, I don’t care if you run one. All the new ones seem to work great. My small experience changed my mind on using it, but I don’t fault those who do. And it was stuck in the open or up position. Not locked closed.

Nope.
    Tom,
    If you have some association to the product I apologize for not letting you know. I didn’t know anything about who designed the Gadget or made it. If I had known I would have told you .

I’ve mentioned this to several guys on this board at training classes and shared my experience on it. So it’s not like I’m hiding or making shit up as the tone of these response s indicate. Again it’s a personal choice on a one time incident that caused my to have a different opinion.

Cecil Burch knows, so does Mike L. from Ryker Nylon who was present when it happened, and others too.

Ok. That’s what I was told. It was years ago and Todd was still alive when I got it. They did give me theirs as they weren’t going to use it. This was Very early in the development of it from what I gathered. The legal/ liability stuff was what was told to me when I asked how they were coming along. I was told they were on hold because of the above. So I apologize for the misinformation.

Contact me in a private message and I’ll be happy to provide where I got it from . The person/company have treated me very well and I don’t want any issues coming back on them with the recent overreaction that occurs on this board these days.

FWIW, the only company that has ever produced the SCD is Tau Development Group (my company). The only person that ever distributed pre-production SCDs was me. Maybe someone gave you theirs, but that would have been counter to the, shall we say “rigorous”, testing agreement and NDA that Todd wrote (and that everyone had to sign before I sent them one).

The stuff about the “original company”, things being “placed on hold due to legal or liability issues” and later produced by a different company bear no resemblance to reality. There’s only been one company, mine.

I don’t doubt you saw what you saw and it doesn’t bother me at all if you (or anyone) chooses not to use the SCD/gadget. Just pointing out that the narrative about legal/liability issues and others companies isn’t accurate.

That won’t be necessary. It would likely only serve to lower my opinion of a person/company I probably currently respect. I don’t need the negativity.
    Fair enough. Like I said, it’s a great idea but at the time was working under cover and it seemed like what I was looking for carrying a G19 appendix . If I had known you were the Man I certainly would have reached out. But I have to say it was as far back as 2009 or 2010 if I remember correctly and I don’t even think I was a member here.

Take care,
    Chris

I had one fail in training where the pistol would not fire
    Yep. A small piece of debris got inside and bound the system up.
    And it was stuck in the open or up position. Not locked closed.
    OK, sounds like your Gadget no longer had the ability to control the striker during reholster, but had zero impact on the functioning of the firearm. So the SCD turned into a regular slide plate, basically.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 09-01-2019 at 02:33 PM.

User Tag List