Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Chuck Schumer to introduce body armor bill

Quote Originally Posted by berettamaster01% View Post
    When I do wear armor, I use two layers from two vests into one with the trauma plate.

Schumer is an idiot, an anti-American, anti-freedom zealot. You would think a jew would know better.

BR
    The lessons of history are available to all, Jew and gentile alike. No one has cornered the market on wisdom nor ignorance in this arena.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    While I agree with you, beyond blunt object and knives none of these items existed at the time of the creation of the Second Amendment. As such, arguing for their inclusion for coverage under the Second Amendment is going to be problematic at best.
    The 2A argument is weak anyway by today's standards of communication. The way people wrote and expressed themselves in the 1700's was very different than it is today. The BOR if written today would look like the IRS tax code. People just can't get their head around a simple concept like 2A anymore. The SC stretches 14A to into something it was never intended to support because you can make it say anything you wish if you try really hard. The same can be done with 2A. It's what people want it to say. The constitution is more of an abstract painting for most people, including SC judges.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The lessons of history are available to all, Jew and gentile alike. No one has cornered the market on wisdom nor ignorance in this arena.
    As a (non practicing) Jew myself, I find it especially unfathomable that Jewish people buy into any notion of allowing their right to self defense being neutered by any government. IMO, it's borne out of fear. Fear of taking responsibility for ones' own safety, on a daily basis and geopolitically. Anyone that buys into the notion that giving up guns to the government makes one safer (in the short or the long run) is simply willfully ignorant. For a people that profess the motto "Never Again", the cognitive dissonance is egregious.

Never Again?

How?
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 08-21-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    As a (non practicing) Jew myself, I find it especially unfathomable that Jewish people buy into any notion of allowing their right to self defense being neutered by any government. IMO, it's borne out of fear. Fear of taking responsibility for ones' own safety, on a daily basis and geopolitically. Anyone that buys into the notion that giving up guns to the government makes one safer (in the short or the long run) is simply willfully ignorant. For a people that profess the motto "Never Again", the cognitive dissonance is egregious.

Never Again?

How?
    I don't disagree with you, brother, but as you know, without the proper mindset one can have all the hardware in the world and still go like sheep to the slaughter.

I don't know how or why this meekness remains, I'm sure most of it is in the cultural values and upbringing...but I fear that the lessons instilled don't dovetail with the world at large and this myopia causes a fear and inability to see ones way through to taking appropriate action. It's a disconnect that must be overcome if survival is going to be viable, let alone assured.
    Last edited by blues; 08-21-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I don't disagree with you, brother, but as you know, without the proper mindset one can have all the hardware in the world and still go like sheep to the slaughter.

I don't know how or why this meekness remains, I'm sure most of it is in the cultural values and upbringing...but I fear that the lessons instilled don't dovetail with the world at large and this myopia causes a fear and inability to see ones way through to taking appropriate action. It's a disconnect that must be overcome if survival is going to be viable.
    I started this conversation with a couple of Mom's friends. SE FL retirement community folks. 80's, Jewish. People who grew up during WWII. It went from "I support Obama" to my being concerned about them having a stroke in about 30 seconds. I apologized and retreated. I guess when your news source is MSNBC you're made to feel okay about expecting other people to protect you (and hating on those people while they do so). Mom doesn't talk politics with her neighbors out of fear of being ostracized.
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 08-21-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Fear of taking responsibility for ones' own safety, on a daily basis and geopolitically.
    This is the whole thing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You know. It has to be considered....if someone doesn’t want you to wear body armor, it may be because they plan to try and shoot at you someday.

I especially love the irony of this coming from the party ostensibly concerned about police brutality and power abuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I especially love the irony of this coming from the party ostensibly concerned about police brutality and power abuse...

"Are you saying we can't have it both ways...?"

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I just bought a set of these. Mrgunsngear did a review and shot them up.
    https://www.botach.com/battle-steel-...-lbs-80-thick/

Maybe it's a question for @DocGKR, but is this a meaningful test protocol? Does it make a difference what's backing the plate (i.e., something to simulate it being against a person's chest versus just being by itself with open space behind it)?

Also, I'd think Mrgunsngear would find one of the other thousand companies making Gilligan hats to give his money to by the middle of this year.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Maybe it's a question for @DocGKR, but is this a meaningful test protocol? Does it make a difference what's backing the plate (i.e., something to simulate it being against a person's chest versus just being by itself with open space behind it)?

Also, I'd think Mrgunsngear would find one of the other thousand companies making Gilligan hats to give his money to by the middle of this year.
    It took a round of .30-06 Blacktip from 15 ft. I mean, I realize that's probably not how they test armor for the NIJ rating but it still took the round and didn't let it pass through.

Even though I've forgotten what I'm supposed to be mad at Nike about, I'll be sure to let him know if I ever meet him in person that @OlongJohnson from Pistol Forum doesn't approve of the hat that he probably pulled randomly out of his closet to shade his bald head and keep the sun out of his eyes for this video.

Attachment 41567
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 08-22-2019 at 09:16 AM.

User Tag List