Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Chuck Schumer to introduce body armor bill

CWM11B
    Since when has the FBI added "regulatory agency" duties to their charter as a limited scope (federal crimes) investigative agency?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    At last, America will be safe.
    Ol' Chuck-Ducky Schumer is sure one helluva a "one trick pony" ain't he?

Seemingly, his answer to everything that he dislikes or disapproves is, "Ban it."
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I just bought new Level IV plates. Not because they want to ban it, but because armor has never been cheaper. Ok so maybe the fact the Chuck Schumer's of the world don't want me to have body armor may have played a tiny part.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    When had body armor ever killed someone?! It is a defensive measure, not an offensive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not a problem when police have it. It becomes an issue when mass shooters start wearing it.
    While its a libertarian issue, its not a Second Amendment issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Its not a problem when police have it. It becomes an issue when mass shooters start wearing it.
    While its a libertarian issue, its not a Second Amendment issue.
    “The shooter wore body armor”

The news calls everything body amor. Chest rig, photo vest, Christmas sweater. Doesn’t matter.

Agree isn’t gun related. It is very much freedom related. I’m sick to death of defending myself for things I didn’t do

While I don't own any I would still like to have the option to buy it if I felt a need to.

Why would anyone presume that I'm about to shoot up a crowd of people if I purchased body armor?

The next thing you know 511 pants will be regulated.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-20-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I’m sick to death of defending myself for things I didn’t do
    I have to do that all the time. The wife says I didn't put the dishes in the dish washer. I didn't take out the trash. I didn't use my brain when I dressed myself this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    While I don't own any I would still like to have the option to buy it if I felt a need to.

Why would anyone presume that I'm about to shoot up a crowd of people if I purchased body armor?

The next thing you know 511 pants will be regulated.
    I believe that you've struck at the crux of the issue, Borderland.

If it looks scary (has one or more of these qualities: black, nylon, "tacticool", modular, military-derived, etc.), then it is "bad".

In other words, it's not about "function". It's about "image".
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 08-20-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I didn't use my brain when I dressed myself this morning...
    Turning the lights on BEFORE you get dressed helps with that.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 08-20-2019 at 12:09 PM.

I opened this hoping it was to give us federal tax credits for buying body armor...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List