Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Chuck Schumer to introduce body armor bill

Student

Senator Chuck Schumer to introduce body armor bill

https://www.guns.com/news/2019/08/12...fbi-permission

Legislation promised in the U.S. Senate would make the legal sale of body armor a “may issue” process signed off on by federal law enforcement.

U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-NY, announced his legislation on Sunday to require FBI permission before anyone except law enforcement could buy what he termed “sophisticated body armor,” setting a bar that would require a clear purpose, such as an occupational requirement, for the buyer to seek the safety equipment.

“The bottom line here is that the ease by which one can acquire wares of war demands the FBI sets reasonable regulations on who can get it,” said Schumer, who plans to introduce his bill after the current Senate recess.

Even if Schumer’s proposal does not make it into law, it is already against the law for criminals to add body armor to their toolkit. Since 2002, it has been illegal under federal law for convicted felons to possess body armor of any sort. This has been prosecuted in U.S. courts even in states that do not criminalize the possession of body armor.

According to Schumer’s office, one study found that 5 percent of a group of 110 active shooters between 2000 and 2012 used body armor.

“Shockingly, with the click of a mouse, the scroll of a thumb or the dialing of a phone, just about anyone can order-up the kind of advanced armor or tactical law enforcement gear we see used in wars or all-out law enforcement raids, and that is unacceptable and needs to change,” said Schumer.

I’ll bet Chucky would be exempt, if he felt threatened.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I’ll bet Chucky would be exempt, if he felt threatened.
    You can't tell me these people don't understand the intent of the Second Amendment. The fact that they're still trying to disarm us scares the hell out of me

If it passes, i'll have missed out on getting body armor.
    Hopefully the bill drags out for a while, so suppliers can get tooled up and production running like crazy, so that if it fails, there will be a "fire" sale on excess inventory in a couple months, that I'll be able to afford some.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

At last, America will be safe.
    #RESIST

“I can’t believe how easy it is to buy body Armor in this country “

It’s supposed to be easy dipshit. It’s called freedom. Law abiding citizens have it whether you like it or not

Wants to ban life saving gear, makes perfect sense. When my father and I would go deer hunting, we would wear old Point Blank iiia. Figured it was better than nothing.
    Taking a break from social media.

Let's make the law abiding less safe.
    Ok, sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    When had body armor ever killed someone?! It is a defensive measure, not an offensive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

You can buy a kid’s backpack with resistant inserts in them in office depots and department stores. Chuck’s got his work cut out for him if he wants to push that suck.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List