Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Senator Chuck Schumer to introduce body armor bill

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    . Whether or not that was the Christian thing to do, he watched where he pointed it after that.
    Spiritual work of mercy #1: instruct the ignorant.

It was a deeply Christian action. You selflessly prevented him from having a gun shoved up his ass.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    While its a libertarian issue, its not a Second Amendment issue.
    Penumbras.
    Ignore Alien Orders

As much as I dislike the senior senator from New York, I like the opportunity to make arguments for arms-based civil liberties that encompass more than just guns. Body armor is a great example. I also think that freedom to access chemical sprays, blunt objects, knives, flashlights, lasers, HPM, malware, and night vision should regularly be discussed as being inside of our Second Amedment liberties.

I’ve been watching a lot of InRange TV, lately, and have become armor-curious. The pint about soft armor in a pistol class is very well made.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    As much as I dislike the senior senator from New York, I like the opportunity to make arguments for arms-based civil liberties that encompass more than just guns. Body armor is a great example. I also think that freedom to access chemical sprays, blunt objects, knives, flashlights, lasers, HPM, malware, and night vision should regularly be discussed as being inside of our Second Amedment liberties.
    While I agree with you, beyond blunt object and knives none of these items existed at the time of the creation of the Second Amendment. As such, arguing for their inclusion for coverage under the Second Amendment is going to be problematic at best.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    While I agree with you, beyond blunt object and knives none of these items existed at the time of the creation of the Second Amendment. As such, arguing for their inclusion for coverage under the Second Amendment is going to be problematic at best.
    It isn’t much of a challenge for an originalist, any more than the fact that AR15s didn’t exist at the time did.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It isn’t much of a challenge for an originalist, any more than the fact that AR15s didn’t exist at the time did.
    The basic technological precursor (firearms) for the AR-15 existed at the time of the writing of the Second Amendment whereas the technological precursors for lasers, computer malware/programs, flashlights, and night vision did not exist at that time. It would be very much an uphill fight trying to argue that the framers of the Constitution knew of or anticipated the creation of such technology and that they knowingly drafted the Second Amendment intending to cover that technology.

I am very much an originalist/textualist myself, but I am not tremendously optimistic about the likelihood of successful incorporation of electronic technology under Second Amendment protection.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 08-20-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Turning the lights on BEFORE you get dressed helps with that.
    It also wakes up the sleeping dragon, which a wise experienced husband won’t do.

When I do wear armor, I use two layers from two vests into one with the trauma plate.

Schumer is an idiot, an anti-American, anti-freedom zealot. You would think a jew would know better.

BR

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    It also wakes up the sleeping dragon, which a wise experienced husband won’t do.
    Well, I suppose that going to work with mismatched socks is probably less perilous than that.

You know. It has to be considered....if someone doesn’t want you to wear body armor, it may be because they plan to try and shoot at you someday.

Last edited by Duke; 08-20-2019 at 11:18 PM.

User Tag List