Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Security Six

Ruger Security Six

Quick! Someone local to me go to Federal Way Discount Guns and buy the Security Six in the used gun cabinet before I weaken!

($449.99)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Quick! Someone local to me go to Federal Way Discount Guns and buy the Security Six in the used gun cabinet before I weaken!

($449.99)
    Too late for me. Save yourself!

I came across a stainless steel one born in 1981 with a 2 3/4” bbl in mighty fine condition at Cabela’s last Thursday. It came home with me on Friday. Resistance was futile.

Site Supporter
    Saw one of those the other day. I am very tempted to go put some money on it.

I'd love to help but a couple of days ago I put money down on a 5˝” Ruger Flat Top Convertible in 45 ACP/Long Colt.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

There is a quite nice Security Six for sale near me, too. Blued, 6”. Sigh. One positive aspect, for my budget, is that it could inoculate me from buying something much more expensive, that is, now, tempting, at the same LGS.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've avoided buying a gun by buying a nice set of grip panels before.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I’m thinking of selling a Security Six. It was nice to do some revolver shooting but I don’t need it and I could use the money else where. Like training and ammo. lol

I do like it better than the Model 66 I had, and it seems like one of the best revolver platforms around.

I finally got a chance to shoot one of these with a 4" barrel about a month ago. I liked it plenty, and I would jump at one under $500 if I had the cash.

I stopped by and looked at it; seems exceptionally nice. Blued, 156 serial, trigger typical OTB -Six, a bit heavy but usable (and eminently tunable). Light cylinder ring, very clean bore. Looks barely used. Decently priced. Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 08-27-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I stopped by and looked at it; seems exceptionally nice. Blued, 156 serial, trigger typical OTB -Six, a bit heavy but usable (and eminently tunable). Light cylinder ring, very clean bore. Looks barely used. Decently priced. Best, Jon
    And? And?

Did you buy it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List