Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear for Runners Who Carry

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    By neoprene band do you mean these? Any way to carry a pistol while running is likely to suck equally IMO. I've been eyeballing these since the last thread about this topic mentioned them.

http://www.pistolwear.com/ProductDet...a1321470134895
    That seems to be the most common idea around - some sort of elastic neoprene "pack". Not having tried it, I think it would be hot. The Hill People Gear rig is one that I've heard frequently cited, but it too looks amazingly uncomfortable in the heat - and having something around my chest for a several mile run doesn't seem appealing.

I think I would prefer something like an Amphipod or a Nathan type waist pack. There are plenty of reviews on them, but I can't find much about someone stuffing a pistol into one (a couple references to an LCP, but nothing about a PPS or larger).

Anyone run with a camelbak?

Thanks for all the great feedback so far!

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    By neoprene band do you mean these? Any way to carry a pistol while running is likely to suck equally IMO. I've been eyeballing these since the last thread about this topic mentioned them.

http://www.pistolwear.com/ProductDet...a1321470134895
    Right there is the thread I couldn't find. Thanks for the pointer!

bob

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    I can strongly recommend the RoadID (the bracelet, NOT the one that goes on your shoe). I've been running, hiking, road cycling, cyclocrossing, and single-tracking with mine since 2008. If the engraving ever fades or becomes damaged, they'll replace it for free.
    I also run/bike with a RoadID. I went with the slim as it was smaller and cheaper. I wish i had got the elite with the watch band strap. the slim is kind of annoying to take off and i dont like to wear it while sleeping.

i havent found a good way to carry while running. i guess if i were to run with my camelback i could keep a gun in there, it works for riding but not easily accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavis View Post
    Anyone run with a camelbak?
    I've done long runs with an REI Flash 18, with a Camelbak reservoir. Could stick a pistol in it, but it wouldn't be accesible enough for me.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

I've got a camelback fanny pack with a velcro gun pocket I've run with but rotated to the back or in front, I don't dig running with the weight around the waist. That's why I'm thinking of trying the Hill People pack to get that weight up on the chest.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You guys are hardcore. I don't even like to run with an iPod.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    You guys are hardcore. I don't even like to run with an iPod.
    This. I hate running with stuff. The less encumbered I am when I run, the better I feel. I'd run naked if they'd let me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I'd run naked if they'd let me.
    You're a perfect candidate for a treadmill, just don't put it near a window.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    This. I hate running with stuff. The less encumbered I am when I run, the better I feel. I'd run naked if they'd let me.
    And I feel naked without a weapon! Something. I'm not fast enough rely on speed alone.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I don't run much outside and when I do it's only a couple of miles so figure that into this statement. I just wear ripstop cargo shorts with an instructor belt, CCC Shaggy and an extra mag on my belt with a tight UA undershirt and a looser T-shirt as a cover garment

User Tag List