Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear for Runners Who Carry

Gear for Runners Who Carry

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere, but my searching is coming up with zilch, so I thought I'd re-ask.

What are you using to carry which pistol when you go running? I'm in South Texas, where it's already in the 90's mid day, so heat and sweat resistance are a consideration for me. I'm trying to avoid a neoprene band if I can - it would most likely suck to wear!

I'll probably carry my PPS (running was one of the use cases that inspired me to buy it).

Something that carries water would work too.

What do you use? What have you tried but abandoned?

bob

I use a Hill People Gear Runners chest pouch. Besides a gun, it's a nice place to put your iPod, keys and CHL. No one really takes a second look at mine when I'm using it. As far as water goes, I just throw a camelbak on for the long runs.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    I use a Hill People Gear Runners chest pouch. Besides a gun, it's a nice place to put your iPod, keys and CHL. No one really takes a second look at mine when I'm using it. As far as water goes, I just throw a camelbak on for the long runs.
    How much can you cram into one of those? I think they're a bit thinner than the standard/original. Wallet, cell phone, Glock 26 or 19, spare magazine, more?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

At a last pistol shoot locally a guy had one of the runners kit bag, he had a g17, suppressor and extra mag in it.

I may get one since I do a lot of running outside and this is perfect.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm not a big runner, just a big guy who don't run but has anyone ever tried the holster shirts?
    http://m.511tactical.com/All-Product...ter-Shirt.html
    Seems you'd look like just another runner in a under armor shirt..

Sent from this... Using that...

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    How much can you cram into one of those? I think they're a bit thinner than the standard/original. Wallet, cell phone, Glock 26 or 19, spare magazine, more?
    Mine was completely stuffed when I packed it with my P2000, blackberry, wallet, keys, and 2 poop bags for the dog (plastic shopping bags). The front pouch can't carry much....the main pouch can, but that's where my P2000 is so I refrain from using it for anything else.

I found the elastic stabilizer band to be quite annoying after 2 hours while wearing just a t-shirt, and to not really do anything helpful in the first place.

Been wondering about that band. Looks terribly uncomfortable. No problems with flopping without it?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Been wondering about that band. Looks terribly uncomfortable. No problems with flopping without it?
    Keep in mind that I'm not doing long runs. More of 1/4 mi jogging intervals on hikes, so YMMV.

When jogging, the bag didn't really flop any more without the band. Uncomfortable? Yeah, at least after 2 hours it was.....but not unbearably so. More annoying than uncomfortable.

Another question: are you guys carrying a spare mag? Loose in the front pocket?
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Another question: are you guys carrying a spare mag? Loose in the front pocket?
    Not I.

User Tag List