Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Music download or stream

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post

Separately, I have my phone/car set up so that when I start the car, the Amazon app starts playing where it left off. I don't know whether you can do this with Spotify/Pandora ...
    For Pandora, yes; it picks up exactly where it left off as soon as it connects (verified with multiple cars, multiple phones, both via BT and Apple Car Play.)

Related question: I've tried Spotify Free on my home desk-top (Linux Mint running on a Dell e6530). It works ok, but I don't recall it being "good" in the sense of the music selection. I would give it an artist and let it run (e.g. Samantha James, or Chris Botti) to create a radio "station". The songs that came up were not, really, what I wanted, so I downvoted those, assuming it would eventually self-correct. But it never did. And so I gave up on Spotify after a while and reverted back to Pandora.

I see Spotify mentioned frequently; Pandora, not so much. Am I missing something here with Spotify that some of you guys can suggest? Or should I just stick with it some more?

Rich, if you're happy with Pandora there's no need to change, imho. I haven't used the service in several years.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

For streaming live radio, iHeartRadio is good. For just music I just use iTunes for the CDs I've imported and Amazon. I don't need much!

Banned
    There's a store in Colorado Springs called Entertainmart that sells used CDs for about 5 bucks each

For those who don't know, Bandcamp.com is a great place to discover new artists. There is a lot of free music available and those that charge are usually very reasonable.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Started my Spotify Free application on my Linux box and selected the Chris Botti station. Very satisfactory so far. Yes I have Ads and only shuffle play but it’s about like Pandora. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List