Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought Experiment: ~$60k "performance" Small-ish SUVs

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Just for curiosity what about the lordstown all electric pickup? With the larger battery you get 500 mile range its a crew cab and can tow 7000 lbs. it also has a $7500 tax credit and true all wheel drive.
    An all electric F 150 would be a far better choice as Ford had been building trucks much longer than Lordstown.

Tesla is at the bottom of all brands for initial quality. How will a newer company likely do?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Posting from my work, so I don't have time to research my own question: was the Durango updated for 2021 like the Jeep Grand Cherokee (same vehicle under the skin)?
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    not sure about the 2021 Cherokee as I kind of stopped following it, but the Durango was "refreshed" for 2021. New body work, improved the cockpit and made it more current, 10.1" touchscreen running Uconnect 5 which includes wireless carplay, etc.

Historically for the last couple iterations the Durango and Grand Cherokee have sat on the same basic underpinnings so I'd imagine that would continue.

For whatever reason the Durango has always reported a tighter turning radius on the same chassis, despite being overall larger by almost a foot.
    Looks like it’s the 2022 for the Grand Cherokee

https://apple.news/A4HVafocIRB6Sdi1MyELKbg
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

starting to think the Mustang Mach E GT is the answer here...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I drove a Tesla Y and 3 on Wednesday, and their acceleration was incredible.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Passed on driving a Taycan b/c I need a small SUV so waiting on the '23 Macan to drop + it gives more time for the ETX infrastructure to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Passed on driving a Taycan b/c I need a small SUV so waiting on the '23 Macan to drop + it gives more time for the ETX infrastructure to develop.
    My wife and I drove the base model Taycan Cross, and absolutely loved it. We also feel like it is a tad early for non Tesla Ev’s yet, and want to let things develop. Thinking of a 3 Long Range to dip into the EV thing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    My kids attended a private college prep school from pre -k to 12. Full of folks with money and a profound interest in EVs

I have spoken to dozens of Tesla drivers in the past 10ish years. Indeed, many were/are are 3 Tesla families (dad has the s sedan , mom has the x suv, kid(s) have the smaller 3 sedan.)

To a person, they love the car and the performance, when it works.

To a person, they would NEVER own/lease/drive one that did not have a bumper to bumper warranty.

I say this as someone who would lease a modestly equipped 3 tomorrow if my financial circumstances allowed it.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    if you're looking at Taycan money, there's the Rivian R1S for half the price, with more cargo carrying, and just as fast...
    https://rivian.com/r1s

Site Supporter
    if you're looking at Taycan money, there's the Rivian R1S for half the price, with more cargo carrying, and just as fast...
    https://rivian.com/r1s
    The R1S isn't being manufactured yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    The R1S isn't being manufactured yet.

R1T and a camper shell then?

User Tag List