Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought Experiment: ~$60k "performance" Small-ish SUVs

Watched another video about the Explorer ST this morning. Short of seeing one in person, which I’m not quite ready to do given my disdain for car salesmen and a lack of local auto shows due to COVID (I once settled on a 2006 GTO based on seeing one at a show, crawling all around it, then finding a dealer I could conduct business with via email. Best car-buying experience of my life.), I’m changing my opinion of them from negative, to lukewarm, to somewhat positive.

If I was actually buying in the next couple of months I’d probably be trying to hold out to see the new 2021 Durango R/T in person and drive both that and the ST. The Durango has a few advantages, price being not the least of which, but also having less performance.

Sadly the XC60 has dropped off my radar, despite an increase in availability of the T8, now that they are marketing a whole line of “recharge” models, and a seeming reduction in price, I cannot seem to get anyone to confirm or deny that it is sufficiently “hybrid” to get me into the HOV lane legally, and I’ve come to figure out that the towing capacity is woefully low, making it potentially unable to even tow my golf cart to the sporting clays range, which is a necessary function of any vehicle of mine.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

this may be a case of the olds, but it's sounding like the 2021 ST still doesn't come with Sync 4, meaning no wireless Apple Carplay. The 2021 Durango, despite being slower, just moved to the front of the line based solely on simple convenience. Word is the 2021 Durango *will* have it (and frankly the 2020 may already).
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

man I'm liking this thing more and more...

Just for curiosity what about the lordstown all electric pickup? With the larger battery you get 500 mile range its a crew cab and can tow 7000 lbs. it also has a $7500 tax credit and true all wheel drive.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Dodge finally got the 2021 Build-n-Price up. Now I really, really want a Durango R/T AWD with Tow-n-Go package! They have grey seats for 2021 as well, which I like.

I have no real intention of towing, but there's some cools stuff here nonetheless.

Tow N Go Package
    $4,995
    • 145 MPH Maximum Speed Calibration
    • 160 MPH Primary Speedometer
    • 180-Amp Alternator
    • 20-Inch x 6.5-Inch Aluminum Spare Wheel
    • 295/45ZR20 BSW All-Season Tires
    • Active Noise-Control System
    • Adaptive Damping Suspension
    • Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
    • Black Brembo Front Caliper Brakes
    • Body-Color Rear Fascia
    • Class IV Receiver-Hitch
    • Compact Spare Tire
    • Drive Modes - Sport/Track/Tow/Snow
    • Electronic Limited-Slip Differential Rear Axle
    • Heavy-Duty Engine Cooling
    • High Performance Exhaust
    • High Performance Suspension
    • Performance Tuned Steering
    • Pirelli Brand Tires
    • Quadra-Trac® Active On-Demand 4WD
    • Run Flat Tires
    • Trailer Brake Controller
    • 20-Inch X 10-Inch Lights-Out Aluminum Wheels (Unavailable with some configurations)
    • 20-Inch x 10.0-Inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels (Unavailable with some configurations)

Posting from my work, so I don't have time to research my own question: was the Durango updated for 2021 like the Jeep Grand Cherokee (same vehicle under the skin)?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Posting from my work, so I don't have time to research my own question: was the Durango updated for 2021 like the Jeep Grand Cherokee (same vehicle under the skin)?
    not sure about the 2021 Cherokee as I kind of stopped following it, but the Durango was "refreshed" for 2021. New body work, improved the cockpit and made it more current, 10.1" touchscreen running Uconnect 5 which includes wireless carplay, etc.

Historically for the last couple iterations the Durango and Grand Cherokee have sat on the same basic underpinnings so I'd imagine that would continue.

For whatever reason the Durango has always reported a tighter turning radius on the same chassis, despite being overall larger by almost a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    not sure about the 2021 Cherokee as I kind of stopped following it, but the Durango was "refreshed" for 2021. New body work, improved the cockpit and made it more current, 10.1" touchscreen running Uconnect 5 which includes wireless carplay, etc.

Historically for the last couple iterations the Durango and Grand Cherokee have sat on the same basic underpinnings so I'd imagine that would continue.

For whatever reason the Durango has always reported a tighter turning radius on the same chassis, despite being overall larger by almost a foot.
    Looks like it’s the 2022 for the Grand Cherokee

https://apple.news/A4HVafocIRB6Sdi1MyELKbg

Site Supporter
    I am thinking about keeping the 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 but buying a 2017-2018 Forester XT Touring for running around when I do not need a truck (90+%). 2018 is last year for the XT Turbo four.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    man I'm liking this thing more and more...

Generally speaking trucks are the life-blood of the big three. They are the best built and designed products they make as the market is VERY competitive. The Durango will at best be equal to your Ram 1500 experience.

User Tag List