Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought Experiment: ~$60k "performance" Small-ish SUVs

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    My last set (non Michelin) lasted ~4k miles I don't have high hopes for treadwear on the 4Ss
    I’ve been getting a consistent 20k+ miles out of three sets of Michelin Supersports on my 2011 M3. The original Continentals only lasted 9k miles. I’m on Sport 4S’s now; they grip and handle very well. Slightly smoother than the Supersports. I run the rears all the way to the cord and then replace all four. Can’t rotate the tires, and the fronts only have about 2/32nds left once the rears are shot. I would say I’m not nice to tires, but I don’t track this car (word used as a verb) nearly as much as the older M3.
    Last edited by Trigger; 08-21-2019 at 05:43 PM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Name:  E554D221-1CDC-498D-8718-3964D3A175D8.jpeg
Views: 348
Size:  23.8 KB

I gather the ride height is not adequate for your needs, but I will just throw in I have had a very solid experience with my Audi all-road, the ride is smooth as butter, much nicer than the Q5 in my family. It seems to fly under the radar of most people, luxury, but a wagon, so no one really seems to notice. In terms of practicality, at hauls my two young kids and a Hungarian Vizsla nicely.

Good luck in your search!

After two Q5 2.0T, we leased an Acura RDX A-Spec for my wife. She's pretty darn happy with it, but it's only been a couple of months.

Last year I bought my mom a TLX A-Spec and it's awesome. I especially love the fact that it's non-turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Name:  E554D221-1CDC-498D-8718-3964D3A175D8.jpeg
Views: 348
Size:  23.8 KB

I gather the ride height is not adequate for your needs, but I will just throw in I have had a very solid experience with my Audi all-road, the ride is smooth as butter, much nicer than the Q5 in my family. It seems to fly under the radar of most people, luxury, but a wagon, so no one really seems to notice. In terms of practicality, at hauls my two young kids and a Hungarian Vizsla nicely.

Good luck in your search!
    Post picture of Vizsla.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Post picture of Vizsla.
    Ha. Sure. Hard to find one without the Orvis collar with my phone number prominently displayed. Meet Beatrix, our 34 pound runt of the litter who is happiest when running with reckless abandon, who will gladly swim but can’t be compelled to walk on wet grass to go to the bathroom, who curls up next to me (sometimes on top of me) and whose sweet and happy disposition brings my family joy on a daily basis.

Name:  826C8C32-D979-47CD-B64B-2DA23E4211D2.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  832DD182-77B6-4AD1-8661-72C6F323CB00.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  34.8 KB
    Last edited by Hieronymous; 08-22-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    Ha. Sure. Hard to find one without the Orvis collar with my phone number prominently displayed. Meet Beatrix, our 34 pound runt of the litter who is happiest when running with reckless abandon, who will gladly swim but can’t be compelled to walk on wet grass to go to the bathroom, who curls up next to me (sometimes on top of me) and whose sweet and happy disposition brings my family joy on a daily basis.

Name:  826C8C32-D979-47CD-B64B-2DA23E4211D2.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  832DD182-77B6-4AD1-8661-72C6F323CB00.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  34.8 KB
    I would give this post 10 likes if I could.

Review of some of the larger options.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rsche-cayenne/

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Review of some of the larger options.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rsche-cayenne/
    The new Cayennes, and Macans, are IMO the best-looking in their respective classes. The singular continuous tail light across the back is gorgeous, and their integration of the infotainment in the dash is just seamless.

so it looks like Porsche didn't bring the Macan Turbo forward from the previous model year, but there is this...

Which also makes me think, when factoring in insurance I wonder which of all of these options is going to be the least expensive? Particularly of the initial models I short-listed in my first post
    • Porsche Macan
    • BMW X3 M40i
    • Audi SQ5
    • Volvo XC60 T8
    • Mercedes GLC 43 AMG

Rob, did you pull the trigger on one of your options? You could also be the first guy on your block to get the new Defender 110.

Name:  3A89B0E0-5C92-4EA5-AE3F-F04CDEE580D0.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  94.1 KB

User Tag List