Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought Experiment: ~$60k "performance" Small-ish SUVs

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    By chance, my wife and I ended up with a Durango RT rental for three days last weekend. We had an Infiniti SUV the weekend before, and the Durango seemed much better. I could live with the Durango, but if the dollars work, the Cayenne is so much better.
    They have a refresh of the Durango for 2021 that more or less just updates the interior and some tech/convenience stuff that seems to me to be all welcome improvements over the current model.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/dodge/durango

I keep going back to the certified pre-owned on Porsche’s site, looking at Cayennes. I could probably make the purchase price work (stupid camper van put a dent in the vehicle budget! ) but I’d feel bad shoving a bunch of plywood in the back of it.
    One example near me
    https://finder.porsche.com/us/en_US/Cayenne-S-221785
    Last edited by rob_s; 10-09-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

The Cayenne is the best driving vehicle I have experienced, period.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Find a CPO Macan S or GTS. I’ve had some time in the base and they are very nice, the power bump from the higher spec models would make them a perfect small/medium SUV.
    I may be returning to an S (previous owner) or GTS later next yr., very much the right size for a singleton w/ 3Gun gear > gun cart/long guns etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    I may be returning to an S (previous owner) or GTS later next yr., very much the right size for a singleton w/ 3Gun gear > gun cart/long guns etc.
    I like the size of the Macan, my wife really liked it too, but I’m not giving up my Cayman yet.

Site Supporter
    If you're willing to consider used, a loaded, low mileage Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is in your price range. Add on a good warranty and you're still below budget. I bought one at the beginning of the year and I love it. I looked at the Durango SRTs as well. They're very nice if you need the extra seating. At the end of the day, I just liked the Jeep better. It's an absolute joy to drive.

Site Supporter
    IIRC, when I would have my regular chats with TLG (RIP) as he was driving to/fro the range, he remarked on how capable the Cayenne was when he went to Porsche Driving School. He remarked on its prowess on both the track and the "off road" demo of the instructor and the drive time he managed to get as well. While that data point was for a 2nd gen car, I would think that the present 3rd gen car is better on every measure. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    If you're willing to consider used, a loaded, low mileage Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT is in your price range. Add on a good warranty and you're still below budget. I bought one at the beginning of the year and I love it. I looked at the Durango SRTs as well. They're very nice if you need the extra seating. At the end of the day, I just liked the Jeep better. It's an absolute joy to drive.
    it's something to consider for sure. There's a variety of reasons I prefer the Durango, and if I get one I'd love to get the updated "tech" and I think as I enter old age I'd rather have a fancy head unit than a faster car.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Cayenne is the best driving vehicle I have experienced, period.
    I know the question is totally different from the OP's, but how is the interior space? We went with a JLU (four door) Jeep Wrangler, since it gave us enough room for our Newfoundland Dog and his water rescue training equipment. (Think 140 lb giant dog and a two foot by three foot by three foot bag of gear and his folded up crate -- Jeep is big enough to unfold the crate and put him in it if desired.)

I guess I could update this thread: in April we traded our base ‘19 Cayenne for a ‘20 Lexus RX 350 for a number of what I’ll categorize as daily usability issues. It’s a great handling car, fun to drive, and one of Porsche’s best sellers, but the 9Y0 did not work out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I like the size of the Macan, my wife really liked it too, but I’m not giving up my Cayman yet.
    Cayman ya say, PM later now back on topic.

User Tag List