Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought Experiment: ~$60k "performance" Small-ish SUVs

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    pretty interesting to see what they can force out of the Explorer ST
    Wonder where it might come in with a 93 tune.

pretty interesting to see what they can force out of the Explorer ST

Just sat in one of these in the showroom. Regular version not the ST. I was a bit disappointed in the drivers seat. Im not sure I could get really comfortable in it. Backseat room with the drivers seat adjusted for me was not nearly enough. Im 6’3”.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Looks like Explorer sales aren’t going so well.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/391770/f...tion-problems/

I have no idea why Chevy isn’t doing an SS Blazer yet.

Looks like Explorer sales aren’t going so well.
    https://www.motor1.com/news/391770/f...tion-problems/
    I wonder why. It's a mystery!

Looks like Ford is “slashing” Explorer prices, including $2!135 off the ST.

https://apple.news/ABEJznJFZMdOAMOipokPX_A

Of course, the new Explorer seems to get universally panned to maybe it doesn’t matter. Not a good vehicle at any price...?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Looks like Ford is “slashing” Explorer prices, including $2!135 off the ST.

https://apple.news/ABEJznJFZMdOAMOipokPX_A

Of course, the new Explorer seems to get universally panned to maybe it doesn’t matter. Not a good vehicle at any price...?
    Find a CPO Macan S or GTS. I’ve had some time in the base and they are very nice, the power bump from the higher spec models would make them a perfect small/medium SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Find a CPO Macan S or GTS. I’ve had some time in the base and they are very nice, the power bump from the higher spec models would make them a perfect small/medium SUV.
    that's pretty much where I wound up, but then we built a giant tiki hut and bought an RV and now my move "into town" is put off at least another few years and with it my dreams of a performance SUV since I will have need of a truck bed and more towing capacity for as long as we stay in this house.

But I still like the idea of a T8 Volvo XC60, if I could just get someone to confirm that it's "hybrid enough" to get me into the HOV lane. Maybe the 2021 F150 "hybrid" will be enough and I'll have my truck and my (legal) faster commute!
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

So there’s an off chance this may go from thought experiment to reality to some degree. Couple of things in play though...

First, our move “into town” is pretty much canceled for the foreseeable future for a variety of reasons, so my “dreams” of a compact euro-SUV are pretty much dashed.

But, my current 2016 RAM seems to perhaps be ending its life cycle of being problem-free and entering that mid-life stage of odd maladies and rogue problems that require more medical attention than previous.

I’m somewhat eyeing the Durango RT (the SRT is probably not a good idea for me based both on price and the stupid way I drive) and *maybe* the Explorer ST.

I was hoping the new Tahoe was going to put the 6.2 in the RST trim as an option but it looks like they are limiting that e gone to the High Country starting at $75k, but the Tahoe is probably outside the scope of this thread as well.

By chance, my wife and I ended up with a Durango RT rental for three days last weekend. We had an Infiniti SUV the weekend before, and the Durango seemed much better. I could live with the Durango, but if the dollars work, the Cayenne is so much better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List