Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Liberal Agenda and Unanticipated Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In fairness to the illegals, the vast majority of the homeless drug addicts pooping in the streets are good old Americans.
    Yes, HCM, that, too.

Just the same, I am sure that the present result is not what the Liberal/Democratic structure had hoped for.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Dr. Drew (hardly the conservative alt right fire brand) as been catching flack for suggesting that mass pandemic is a real possibility in LA for this very reason.

We are seeing a return of diseases that we haven’t seen for decades if not centuries. The media and establishment are high on their horses blaming the anti-vaxers while ignoring the situation on the street.

She may be a nut - but Jenny McCarthy’s unvaccinated kids are not spreading cholera though the homeless camps of Los Angeles.
    Black plague anyone?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

On my rare trips to San Fran, while they definately have illegal immigration issues (Kate Steinle's murder), the feces & excrement problem is coming from the homeless problem. Another sign of that is the sky high property crime rate, specifically auto break-ins.

Site Supporter
    When we live in the Portland area, before 1994 and the immigration uproar, homeless were pooping consistently in the Portland State parking structures. Coming soon to Austin.

These two posts elicit memory of two quotes that seem almost prescient in their description of what ultimately becomes of these cities as they've devolved into "welfare traps":

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    On my rare trips to San Fran, while they definately have illegal immigration issues (Kate Steinle's murder), the feces & excrement problem is coming from the homeless problem. Another sign of that is the sky high property crime rate, specifically auto break-ins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    When we live in the Portland area, before 1994 and the immigration uproar, homeless were pooping consistently in the Portland State parking structures. Coming soon to Austin.
    It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights—the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery—hay and a barn for human cattle.”―P J O'Rourke

Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”―Alexis de Tocqueville

ETA: Corrected source for second quote as cited/sourced by Sidheshooter.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 08-19-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    These two posts elicit memory of two quotes (Alexis de Tocqueville; one of my all-time favorite political scientists) that seem almost prescient in their description of what ultimately becomes of these cities as they've devolved into "welfare traps":

It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights—the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery—hay and a barn for human cattle.”―Alexis de Tocqueville
    Man, I dig that quote. That said, the language didn’t seem period appropriate for ADT, and a quick google shows that it may be a P J O’Rourke quote instead.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/370...the-serbs-have
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    To be fair, we've seen a demographic shift in this regard. It used to be primarily the homeless drug addicts, but now the majority of auto boosts are committed by organized gangs. They target tourist areas/rental cars, are vehicle borne for easy escape, post lookouts, work in teams, etc. Still....symptomatic of Californias great experiment to see what happens when you reduce or eliminate penalties for crime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Coming soon ? I guess you haven’t been recently. Let’s just say the future is now...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    To be fair, we've seen a demographic shift in this regard. It used to be primarily the homeless drug addicts, but now the majority of auto boosts are committed by organized gangs. They target tourist areas/rental cars, are vehicle borne for easy escape, post lookouts, work in teams, etc. Still....symptomatic of Californias great experiment to see what happens when you reduce or eliminate penalties for crime.
    Are they commuter criminals like most of the dope slingers ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Old news! By the way - according to many in SF - making light of this makes one a racist.

I was struck by the absurdity just the other day. My 8 year old asked me what a cow pie was? It dawned on me that the children of the Bay Area are contending with human crap on the way to school the same way I would have to deal with open range cattle dung while exploring the great outdoors of my youth.

How f’ed up can you get?

I have to get out of this place, if not for me, for my kids....[emoji20]
    From 2017 but on point here:

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...ce-in-seattle/

When two judges of the King County Superior Court in Seattle urged the city government to clean up “the unsanitary and potentially frightening” condition of the sidewalks around the courthouse, sidewalks “that reek of urine and excrement,” Mr. Gossett leaped to action.

Not to clean up the sidewalks, but to warn that power-washing the sidewalks would be “racially insensitive” because it might remind civil-rights activists of the water hoses used by Bull Connor and his cops in faraway Birmingham, Ala., a half-century ago to disperse civil-rights demonstrators. Cleaning up the sidewalks “might be a form of microaggression.”

User Tag List