Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Car gun

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Pat, I had an incident recently that sort of brought back the gun under the leg habit that was normal in the unit and in “bad sections of town”. I don’t know if we can clearly define “bad section” anymore and with the amount of road rage and road stupidity these days it is simply an old habit I have reconnected with.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

What does it attach to?

I’d like to get one just for when I see the words “Pursuant to Section 30.06”.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Pat, I had an incident recently that sort of brought back the gun under the leg habit that was normal in the unit and in “bad sections of town”. I don’t know if we can clearly define “bad section” anymore and with the amount of road rage and road stupidity these days it is simply an old habit I have reconnected with.
    That makes more sense. FWIW, a G43 in a pocket holster sucks when you are seat-belted in and you think you might need a pistol NOW. Validated that two weeks ago, driving home from work NB 280 and some knucklehead decided to do ungentlemanly things. I much prefer a J-frame in the pocket for these types of situations. Or a K-frame under the right thigh, or a Speed-six, etc. Luckily, he was just a jerk driver and I smiled and drove on, but if he was more than a jerk, I was screwed.

Here is another option.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-514-...le-insert.aspx

I’m running a 442 with a hip grip for said purpose. It doubles as a CCW when stopping somewhere following work or the gym.

I doubt a thief will open one like in this video, but a screwdriver or a pair of dykes is probably faster. Very thin steel and the least expensive lock they can buy is not a recipe for security. I understand the attraction that they are easy to attach to a seat frame and slide under the seat.

https://www.handgunsaferesearch.com/snapsafe-lock-boxes

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    I doubt a thief will open one like in this video, but a screwdriver or a pair of dykes is probably faster. Very thin steel and the least expensive lock they can buy is not a recipe for security. I understand the attraction that they are easy to attach to a seat frame and slide under the seat.

https://www.handgunsaferesearch.com/snapsafe-lock-boxes
    I have no delusion that these are anything more than teen smash and grab protection. If I was looking for professional thief proof there are better routes and usually involve bolting through the floorboards at minimum.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Have you considered adding a hidden compartment of sorts? These can be quite simple and effective from what I have heard of others experiences doing just this. I have a firsthand (not my experience directly) story of just such a thing which is quite remarkable considering the Who/what/where/when/why, but I will not share any details. Let's just say it can be quite effective and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have no delusion that these are anything more than teen smash and grab protection. If I was looking for professional thief proof there are better routes and usually involve bolting through the floorboards at minimum.
    That’s the one advantage of driving an 11-year old truck that looks more like a 20-year old truck.

Serious thieves will go for the new Raptor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    That’s the one advantage of driving an 11-year old truck that looks more like a 20-year old truck.

Serious thieves will go for the new Raptor.
    A friend who once lived in a bad part of a city and drove an old car simply left his doors unlocked, figuring that replacing the music cassette tapes therein would be far cheaper than broken windows. Thieves still broke his windows to steal the tapes. Adding to the stupidity, auto glass is particularly difficult to break, making this far more difficult and noisy than simply tugging on the door handle. Those stealing from cars are not at the high end of the intelligence bell curve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List