Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Went to the USP 45 for CCW carry (after seriously considering the 1911). Anyone else?

I have small hands and find the USP45 to feel much beefier than a 1911 in every way, all day. I got a usp45 from a buddy for free. A very well used one. I thought recoil was more than a 1911 but I’m buying an RSA because it’s an old model with a lot of rounds on it. Idk if it’s normal but the slide is really easy to pull back. Another reason I want to try an rsa.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Yeah. My police trade USP45 had a pretty hammered RSA.

I'm sure the 297,XXX-round one that Federal was using for ammo testing had that changed right on schedule.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Placed RSA order. Btw straight from HK is less than half what others charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thanks for the interesting info Hunter Rose. I'm pleased that JMCK is doing holsters for the USP9/40 again, but since he's not doing it for the 45 I'm very interested in what you end up with. Please keep us updated!
    Sorry for the miscommunication. JMCK is not supporting the USP. The holster I’m using is by a less well name maker, but is similar to the JMCK Wingclaw.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Regarding grip, could you run a measuring tape from the backstrap, around the tigger and back to the backstrap, showing the complete circumference of that measurement for both the USP45 and HK45?
    I can do it this weekend. Swamped with work/life until then.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I have small hands and find the USP45 to feel much beefier than a 1911 in every way, all day. I got a usp45 from a buddy for free. A very well used one. I thought recoil was more than a 1911 but I’m buying an RSA because it’s an old model with a lot of rounds on it. Idk if it’s normal but the slide is really easy to pull back. Another reason I want to try an rsa.
    The USP 45 is generally not small hand friendly for most people. Medium or Large hands it’s usually fine, and that depends more on personnel preference.

The USP is a grip that either fits you or it doesn’t. However, people shouldn’t decide if it’s too big for them without shooting a good number of rounds through it. The USP grip doesn’t feel nice and yea, it can feel blocky, but the grip just works for managing the gun when shooting.

The HK45 is the exact opposite to me. Its grip feel like the best ever, but doesn’t work as well for managing the gun/recoil when shooting for me.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 08-21-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    I can do it this weekend. Swamped with work/life until then.
    Thank you. That would be great. I'm in no hurry.

I have P30s, HK45s, USP45, USP9. Large bony hands.

When I grip USP with forearm in line with pistol, my finger joints bend exactly where the front grip frame corners are. This is very hand size and shape specific.

This locks the USP in better for me than P30 or HK45. It takes a lot more force to move the boxy USP grip in my hand than more rounded P30, HK45 grips.

I may be in the minority.

Sorry for the miscommunication. JMCK is not supporting the USP. The holster I’m using is by a less well name maker, but is similar to the JMCK Wingclaw.
    No miscommunication good sir! I understand JMCK isn't offering holsters for the USP45, but you might not be aware he has resumed offering them for the USP9/40 as discussed here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ITION-Holsters

But I'm very interested in what you end up with for the USP45!

The USP 45 is generally not small hand friendly for most people. Medium or Large hands it’s usually fine, and that depends more on personnel preference.

The USP is a grip that either fits you or it doesn’t. However, people shouldn’t decide if it’s too big for them without shooting a good number of rounds through it. The USP grip doesn’t feel nice and yea, it can feel blocky, but the grip just works for managing the gun when shooting.

The HK45 is the exact opposite to me. Its grip feel like the best ever, but doesn’t work as well for managing the gun/recoil when shooting for me.
    Feel the same about the VP9. Feels amazing. Doesn’t lock in well without adding Talon Grips or similar.

I ordered a new RSA for my USP45. Hope to try her out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

User Tag List