Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA, sixgun style

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm trying to stick with things that I might use for carrying. (I have a couple Comp IIs for my M65 and a Comp I for my M60.)
    Food for thought: if you can carry a spare magazine for an autoloader you could carry a Comp-III. Back when I carried a reload I did that. I am hoping to switch over to all SpeedBeez soon but them shits are expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    That sounds like a good game plan! Do you see many of the S&W 929's used locally in matches???
    No, there's really not a lot of revolvers being used locally.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    No, there's really not a lot of revolvers being used locally.
    Actually there’s not a lot of revolvers being used regionally, nationally, or at all. They are fun, but the 8 shot minor rule essentially killed it in uspsa. The serious shooters ran out and bought 8 shooters, the major 6 shooters gave up, and then the 8 shooters realized shooting against 2 others at an area match was dumb and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Actually there’s not a lot of revolvers being used regionally, nationally, or at all. They are fun, but the 8 shot minor rule essentially killed it in uspsa. The serious shooters ran out and bought 8 shooters, the major 6 shooters gave up, and then the 8 shooters realized shooting against 2 others at an area match was dumb and quit.
    Kinda like running road races wearing a plate carrier. No wonder why I never win.

I think you won the Blackpowder Division! Holy crap those loads are smoky and dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Kinda like running road races wearing a plate carrier. No wonder why I never win.
    Yes, but if you enjoy yourself, rock on!

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Yeah it kinda sucks blowing $2,000 on a race gun and no one to run it against.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    That sounds like a good game plan! Do you see many of the S&W 929's used locally in matches???
    Lasr month, there was a guy shooting a 8-shot 6” 9mm of some flavor.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Food for thought: if you can carry a spare magazine for an autoloader you could carry a Comp-III. Back when I carried a reload I did that. I am hoping to switch over to all SpeedBeez soon but them shits are expensive.
    Which carriers are you using?

I have a JOX carrier which works ok if I'm carrying the gun behind the hip but not so well when I'm carrying aiwb.

I think a JOX loader attached to the top of a JM custom aiwb holster might work well since there's a little gap there.

But I've resigned myself to carrying a comp ll in my right front pocket and either a leather bullet slide behind the grip or a speed strip in my left rear pocket.

Unfortunately no speedloader conceals as well as a 1911 mag iwb.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    So anyway, shot another USPSA match. @03RN switched to his 1911, leaving me to be the only revolver shooter. Which meant I won "high revolver" as soon as my first round went downrange.

I thought about maybe one day using my 3" M65, but I rethought that. One of the stages, we had to shoot four of these poppers at 50 yards or better. I switched mentally into slow-fire Bullseye shooting, as I'd rather take the time to aim than go fast. (Got them in five rounds)

Watched a bunch of guys miss poppers and steel plates. 03RN diagnosed that one, they were probably watching the plates and not their front sights.

Switching to Safariland Comp IIs made a lot of difference, I got one of those carriers that holds three of them. So did switching from a holster with a thumb-strap to a Galco Combat Master. (Which also made me the only shooter not using some flavor of kydex, but c'mon! If you're going old school and using a wheelgun, might as well go all the way.)

One stage was very complex and I missed a target. However, a lot of others also missed it and a few guys had two or three "failures to engage" on that stage, so I didn't feel so bad.

There were a few kids in their early 20s in the match, which makes me feel good for the sport.

I might go back to my M15, but I like the way my 686 handles.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 09-22-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List