Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Eyes Sidecar Holster - Ultimate comfort

Crazy Eyes Sidecar Holster - Ultimate comfort

Sorry about my previous post on here guys I didnt realize it was going to be a problem. I definitely want to play by the rules.

Anyways I just wanted to come on here to to give credit to the company that goes by Crazy Eyes Holsters. Id been wanting to try out an appendix rig that had the mag attached for quite some time. Looked around and found this holster somehow. I was intrigued so I ordered one after communicating with the owner. He answered all of my questions and has by far provided the best Customer Service I've had in ordering a holster.

Got the holster in and put it on....... immediately blown away by the comfort. The way he molds it most of the bulk of the holster is in the outside of the holster. So the area that sits against your gut is incredibly flat with NO hotspots. Also the audible click when you reholster is INCREDIBLE. The mag even has a little tab molded in to offer a click when you have it in place.
    I work construction and have this on every day I can. It is the only holster I can wear all day with no problems comfort wise with my G19 and extra mag. Other holsters have tried and I've had to take the pistol off when the discomfort got too much for me. Never happened once with this rig.

Now I will have to say the only negative I have is that with my body type (I'm a string bean kinda build lol) the flatness of the holster tends to make the holster print some at the very end of the pistol grip and also a bit at the mag. A bigger guy wouldn't have this trouble (my brother has the same rig and doesn't print at all) or if my posture was better it wouldn't be a problem. With that being said if I tuck my shirt (or wear one a bit larger or patterned) it virtually disappears.

Ive carried one of his holsters for about a year now. I've tried other brands over that time (the big name brands I dont go cheap). Nothing compares to the comfort this rig offers.
    If your looking for a Sidecar rig, give this guys work a look 👍
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I tried one last year (Glock 43). Build quality is there, but with all of these holsters you're at the mercy of the designer to somehow know how YOUR body is shaped. I sold mine. My review:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...ster-glock-43/

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Ive carried one of his holsters for about a year now. I've tried other brands over that time (the big name brands I dont go cheap).
    Which brands? The big ones aren't necessarily any good, and nor is price an indicator of quality (T.REX ARMS comes to mind as a choice that fails on both counts for many folks, particularly for the sidecar concept, which in itself is not really taken seriously for the most part).

Compared to my Tenicor Velo or JMCK 2.0 with a Dark Star Koala mag carrier, I can think of several disadvantages to a side-car setup and not a single advantage. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Compared to my Tenicor Velo or JMCK 2.0 with a Dark Star Koala mag carrier, I can think of several disadvantages to a side-car setup and not a single advantage. What am I missing?
    This looks cooler on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    The all in one units will allow a higher ride ( read full firing grip) for smaller short barrel guns without sacrificing stability of weight over the belt line.

Yea several makers will make a “long” version of gun only rigs but sticking a 43 in rig as long as a 34 has its own curiosities.

I ran one of these form that string bean T. rex kid for a while.

The rather fixed angle and height of the spare mag is draw back for me

Tier 1 concealed makes one with snaps or cords to change the mag placement a little

This type of holster is Very body shape dependent, if you match the "oval" of it then it can work well if you don't then it wont work well at all. With little to no ride height or cant adjustment its hard for this to fit a variety of people, I've had two of these in my AIWB skills classes that actually worked well for the usurer's the others looked like a gun and mag sticking through the shirt.. It seems that most of them set the gun way to low on the pant line and its hard if not impossible to get a full grip on the gun. A standard holster that's designed for AIWB will typically work much better for most folks. YMMV.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Which brands? The big ones aren't necessarily any good, and nor is price an indicator of quality (T.REX ARMS comes to mind as a choice that fails on both counts for many folks, particularly for the sidecar concept, which in itself is not really taken seriously for the most part).
    I've tried the Tier 1 concealed axis. Also a T Rex arms raptor holster. Both were pretty uncomfortable at the point where the claw attaches. Digs into my inner thigh. Also tried Vedder and JM custom kydex as far as single clip holsters go.

As far as advantages and disadvantages for the sidecar style rigs there are definitely cons to them. They do tend to print more on me then single clip designs. But the stability with a bigger pistol like a G19 is way more comfortable for ME. Everybody's mileage will vary on these rigs though. I've found that I prefer them however.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    As far as advantages and disadvantages for the sidecar style rigs there are definitely cons to them. They do tend to print more on me then single clip designs. But the stability with a bigger pistol like a G19 is way more comfortable for ME. Everybody's mileage will vary on these rigs though. I've found that I prefer them however.
    Printing with these combo rigs tends to be significant, to the point most folks look like they have a college text book shoved in their pants covered by their shirt. These G-Code Incog style rigs (which predates the T-Rex copies) are really only good for one thing: fast draws. Comfort, concealment and durability? Nope, not really.

I’d suggest giving tries to some of the other makers with more favorable evaluations by folks who tend to work their gear hard and have learned what works vs what doesn’t. Of the brands you’ve admitted to trying, I’d only say one is worth a crap: JM Custom. I say that because everyone else is following fads and seems to think throwing a claw on a zero-cant holster somehow makes a terrific AIWB holster. Thats just one piece of the puzzle, and not even a necessary one as evidenced by designs like the CCC Shaggy, the original JMCK AIWB and Keepers Concealment.

What I find amusing is that some companies, like Tier 1 Concealment, acknowledge the problem of rigid-middle holsters (the kydex tends to crack because of opposing forces) and instead combine two pieces of gear with paracord or snaps. Essentially it’s an acknowledgement that two separate pieces of gear are far better for attaining concealment and comfort, yet still rope it together for convenience.

At the end of the day it’s your money and if the thing truly works for you (and I mean it actually conceals, is comfortable and you can efficiently draw from it versus you convincing yourself it’s “good enough”) then rock on. The membership here has simply had some experience with these fad combo holsters and found them lacking to them.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List