Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NRA Shows Off Colt Clapp 9mm Commander

NRA Shows Off Colt Clapp 9mm Commander

I don't own a Clapp auto but I probably should.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...r-9-mm-pistol/

Looks nice.

I believe the Wiley Clapp Commander is a pretty popular 1911. Lots of people seem to own one.

Site Supporter
    I have one. It’s sweet

Get rid of that silly tiny safety and do an actual useable safety and they would be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Get rid of that silly tiny safety and do an actual useable safety and they would be on to something.
    But that’s old school, you see.

Site Supporter
    I have the government model Clapp. A lot of value for the price. The safety was just about the only thing I couldn’t live with. I threw a Wilson tactical safety on it and couldn’t be happier. Finish even matched. I would post a pic but I already posted it in the Colt Special Combat thread. I really liked the fit and finish and thought it and the bluing was great until I got the Dan Wesson Valor blued model. Unfortunately just not at the same level.

I love mine- it allows me to suck, but at a much higher level.
    It's a beautiful, accurate gun that is super super easy to carry in a good holster.

I do wish Colt had done a bit more extractor tuning on mine- it was dead loose when I got it.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    If you carry with an empty chamber, then there is no need for that stinkin’ small safety!🤣🤣🤣

I don't find the safety on my .45 Commander to be unusable--slower than a modern paddle safety? Sure. But if you're not chasing speed it is entirely adequate and surprisingly comfortable. I rather like it.

One of... god damn, twelve past and present? 1911s had a tiny safety. Works fine; unlike the hi Powers’s stock safety, I can ride it reliably. A little extension is a little safer, though, as the holster can hold it in the safe position.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List