Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New G17M Being Sold By Lipseys.

Interesting about the internals experiencing flaking; this seems to be a uniquely Gen5 issue, as I've never experienced or heard about it with Gen 1-4 Glocks. So the treatment on the M Glocks essentially reverts them to the reliability/durability of the preceding Gens on the components concerned? Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Interesting about the internals experiencing flaking; this seems to be a uniquely Gen5 issue, as I've never experienced or heard about it with Gen 1-4 Glocks. So the treatment on the M Glocks essentially reverts them to the reliability/durability of the preceding Gens on the components concerned? Best, Jon
    The flaking is not unique to the Gen 5. It’s just been less common in earlier Gens.

Not doubting you; I've heard of galling/chipping/fragments being ground off on the earlier generation Glocks, but that was attributed to severe lack of lubrication on the triggerbar/connector interfacing surfaces-is that what you're referring to? Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Not doubting you; I've heard of galling/chipping/fragments being ground off on the earlier generation Glocks, but that was attributed to severe lack of lubrication on the triggerbar/connector interfacing surfaces-is that what you're referring to? Best, Jon
    Nope, finish flaking off due to bad / bubbled plating. Whether the plating or the prep was bad the end result is the same. It was just less common.

I have a 19M and would post a pic if I knew how. I read that people want an M.....I prefer my 17 MOS w/Dawson Precision.....What makes the 17 MOS so desirable for me at least is the breech face cut out, 47021 ejector & no cut out on the front as well as front serrations. I have a GlockTriggers "Skimmer" all OEM parts highly polished. The 17MOS is by far the best Glock I've owned. The M doesn't have these enhancements and is really outdated. That breech face cut out paired with the ejector is IMHO the best Glock to date.

I shoot the 17MOS the most......great firearm
    Last edited by HALO51; 08-22-2019 at 05:53 PM.

If Glock just offered the coated internals for sale separately, I bet they’d sell every set they made.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    If Glock just offered the coated internals for sale separately, I bet they’d sell every set they made.
    Yes, I totally agree

I agree with that statement, I will also add that while the ndlc coating would be a nice option, I would rather have highly polished parts vs ndlc coating. Ease of cleaning, parts inspection, smoothness of operation and no potential of flaking are some of the reasons polished parts are superior. I'm not affiliated with GlockTriggers but their polish, attention to detail while being all OEM parts are far superior to ndlc.

Same situation applies when cleaning phosphate coated BCG's. Phosphate coated harder to clean & most importantly inspect. That's why I prefer LMT Enhanced Bolt & Carrier...LMT is in a class by itself. Wipe carbon right off & easy inspection.

I sent all the metal bits from my flaked G43s to Robar for NP3. Very satisfactory results.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I sent all the metal bits from my flaked G43s to Robar for NP3. Very satisfactory results.
    M2, do you recall what that cost you? Hit me up via PM if you would prefer.

Also, how do you like it? Is it holding up well? Any improvement to the trigger pull or reduction in trigger pull weight?

Thanks for your time.

User Tag List