Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New G17M Being Sold By Lipseys.

50 years from now Ian McCollum Jr. will be making videos on how to spot a counterfeit one of these.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

So what's the difference between the Gen 5 and the M. I guess I was under the impression they were just marked differently.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    So what's the difference between the Gen 5 and the M. I guess I was under the impression they were just marked differently.
    The M also has DLC coated internals and barrel vs the normal plated internals of the Gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The M also has DLC coated internals and barrel vs the normal plated internals of the Gen 5.
    Is it possible to get the internals and barrel of a standard Gen5 DLC coated somewhere or is it something proprietary to Glock?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    Is it possible to get the internals and barrel of a standard Gen5 DLC coated somewhere or is it something proprietary to Glock?
    I DLC is not proprietary to Glock, I think it’s more a question of whether it’s economically viable.

You could always do what I did which is buy a handful of trigger bars and connectors, file the burs off, and send them to Robar.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    You could always do what I did which is buy a handful of trigger bars and connectors, file the burs off, and send them to Robar.
    I have a 20 year old Les Baer 1911 coated in DLC - the thing does not wear, it’s like the portrait of Doran Grey.

Site Supporter
    Back to the OP's topic - the G17M's dealer cost listed at Lipsey's is very close to the G17 G5 MOS's.

With the expected margins one could command from the M-gun, I suspect there's going to be a long backorder list to fill before that prices move toward a typical Glock margin. Good money maker for Glock and for dealers, truth be told.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So really minor details. Cool to see them nonetheless, it bothers me when companies make a huge deal about a contract and don't release those guns as catalog items.

Between the 19X and the M, it gives me hope that we'll see the G47 at some point.

The local firearm trader board has one of the M models pop up every now and again. I think the lowest I’ve seen asked thus far is $900. Supposedly some Glock employees were allowed to buy the M models and occasionally sell theirs off. Certainly not a bad retirement strategy.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List