Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beretta front and rear sight dovetails

Beretta front and rear sight dovetails

Simple question. Are Beretta front and rear sight dovetails the same across their lines of current semi-auto pistols that us them? Ie: the 92FS dovetails are the same as a full sized PX-4, etc.

And I may not be the best person to help you but what exactly are you asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flock of doves...

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Simple question. Are Beretta front and rear sight dovetails the same across their lines of current semi-auto pistols that us them? Ie: the 92FS dovetails are the same as a full sized PX-4, etc.
    Sorry to report that not even all PX4s have the same dovetails. The Compact, for example, has different dovetails than the full size or the SubCompact.

Dovetails are individualized with the different Beretta models.
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 09-16-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Sorry to report that not even all PX4s have the same dovetails. The Compact, for example, has different dovetails than the full size or the SubCompact.

Dovetails are individualized with the different Beretta models.
    That’s what I was thinking he was asking. I haven’t done it to my other two yet but so far, I upgraded both sights on my full size .40 Storm to the Trijicon night sights.

When in doubt, the manufacturer of the sights will tell you which product fits what gun.

So, as far as the Beretta 92 goes, there are several front sight dovetail variations. The Vertec slide front dovetail has different dimensions than the Brigadier slide front dovetail. I am not sure where the 92A1/90-TWO falls. In addition, while the rear sight dovetail is the same across 92 variations, the 'deck height' of the slides are different. Here's a quote from Ernest Langdon that explains some of this better than I can.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Lots of questions here on this thread on sights. First things first, we need to isolate that we are talking about the Vertec/M9A3/Elite LTT slide. The Brigadier has a different deck height and will not be the same, nor will the standard slide or any PX4 variant. They are not all the same. The dovetails are all the same on the 92 rear sights, so you can swap sights around, but they may not give you the correct point of impact.

Vertec/M9A3/Elite LTT Rear sights;

Height / Notch
    Standard .290"/ .150"
    Elite LTT .290"/ .145"
    Spartan .300" / .155"
    Wilson .300 .300" / .150"
    LesPep Wilson .305" / .150"

Keep in mind that all of these are production sights and the measurments can be off by +- .003" on any of them depending on when they come off the machine.

Also, the Wilson rears have several other hights up to a .310" tall and all the way down to the standard 92 .270" height. So you have the option to make the gun really hit where you want.

They make the square notch in a couple different heights as well I believe.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-16-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    So, as far as the Beretta 92 goes, there are several front sight dovetail variations. The Vertec slide front dovetail has different dimensions than the Brigadier slide front dovetail. I am not sure where the 92A1/90-TWO falls. In addition, while the rear sight dovetail is the same across 92 variations, the 'deck height' of the slides are different. Here's a quote from Ernest Langdon that explains some of this better than I can.
    Thanks for that. I like FO sights, I’d like to try a PX-4 CC, but the lack of sight options is annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. I like FO sights, I’d like to try a PX-4 CC, but the lack of sight options is annoying.
    I'd also like to see more sight options for Beretta pistols. Thin HD/Pro Glo front sight options for the 92 series are long overdue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There’s options. Just probably nothing as far as fiber optic tho.

These are kind of expensive but here’s some Trijicon HD night sights for the Compact PX4 Storm.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...BE114-C-600773

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    There’s options. Just probably nothing as far as fiber optic tho.

These are kind of expensive but here’s some Trijicon HD night sights for the Compact PX4 Storm.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...BE114-C-600773

I want fiber optic.. so I don't want to debate the reason why, but I'm pretty set on it. This is actually a deal killer for me on trying this pistol.

Here's a fiber optic sight for the PX4 full size.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4...fiber/eu00071/

User Tag List