Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New G17M Being Sold By Lipseys.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by tcba_joe View Post
    So really minor details. Cool to see them nonetheless, it bothers me when companies make a huge deal about a contract and don't release those guns as catalog items.

Between the 19X and the M, it gives me hope that we'll see the G47 at some point.
    Sometimes that is a contract requirement.

Geissele was until recently prohibited by contract from selling the 10” Mk4 rail they made for the FBI duty guns. Apparently there has been a small change to the GKV rails and Geissele got a waiver to sell the blems.

The commercial 19x did lack the manual safety. Glock has never sold manual safety guns commercial only to LE/Gov customers who mandated them.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-20-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Well I’m down for one. Made a phone call to my distributor and he’s going to see what he can do.

I’d give my left nut for a 19M. I hope the 17M sales well enough they do a run of 19Ms next.

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post

I’d give my left nut for a 19M.
    Why is that? I'm not bagging on you, I just genuinely don't understand.

Don't get me wrong. I love Glocks, in very much the same way I love Toyota Camrys. I'd never give my left nut for a rare variant of a Toyo Camry.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    Is it possible to get the internals and barrel of a standard Gen5 DLC coated somewhere or is it something proprietary to Glock?
    The barrel IS PVD coated already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious too. Do the internal coatings really make a significant difference/advantage over the presumably non-treated commercial Gen5s? What are the bennie's, real or supposed? BBI, since you've got both, interested in your take on this. Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Why is that? I'm not bagging on you, I just genuinely don't understand.

Don't get me wrong. I love Glocks, in very much the same way I love Toyota Camrys. I'd never give my left nut for a rare variant of a Toyo Camry.
    Just a figure of speech my man. However, I wouldn't mind owning a 19M for a reasonable price. I find the gen5 line the best of all the Glocks I've run, gen2 through 5. The Glock 19 is the most versatile pistol for me and my personal choice. I'd like to try the DLC coating. And just like the 19X I purchased, I think it would be cool to own a 19M.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I'm curious too. Do the internal coatings really make a significant difference/advantage over the presumably non-treated commercial Gen5s? What are the bennie's, real or supposed? BBI, since you've got both, interested in your take on this. Best, Jon
    I don't actually own a Gen 5. I have two "M" models. I've shot a friend's Gen 5 at the range and whatever difference there is between the trigger feel on the two is too minute for me to detect. However I know of 0 issues with triggers galling or getting worse with round counts on the "M" models like folks have complained about on the 5s. Perhaps it's more of a durability thing?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    You know how a certain percentage of Glock internals have the finish flake off or develop a crunchy trigger after a few Thousand round ? The DLC costed internals don’t have those issues.

The ndlc coated trigger parts improve over time/use while the gen5 parts stay the same or slightly deteriorate if you get flaking. We saw about a 1/2# reduction in trigger weight over the course of 4000 rounds through a large sample size of 19M’s. Generally they start out around 5-5.25 and drop to 4.5-4.75#.

Site Supporter
    Can anyone give me a list of what parts exactly are nDLC coated on the -M guns that are not coated on the standard Gen5?

User Tag List