Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NPE J-Frame Size Revolvers - Let's Talk Quality Options

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    I would go a 43C or a pair of them. At 11oz, you can carry two of them potentially. With the low weight, it should be easy to stash them away in different spots

If you do a pair:
    1. you get 16 shots at approx 22oz of carry weight
    2. you have a gun/back-up gun NY reload. If one runs dry or has a catastrophic failure, you are still ok.
    3. you get ultra low recoil for the weight, allowing for solid follow-up accuracy.

There are 22LR ammo options that get 15 inches of penetration.

Really, to me that seems like a solid option. Get some wolff springs, polish it up and you can get a decent trigger and still have reliable ignition.

Extra bonus, you can practice the hell out of it cheaply and without pain.
    .22 from a snubby barrel isn't going to reliably penetrate or break bones, deflects off round bone easily, and creates wounds that are easy for the body to seal off long enough to keep fighting for quite awhile. I'd much rather have 5 shots of .38 wadcutters than any number of .22.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    For a true NPE, carrying 2 guns more than doubles the chances of getting caught, in addition to limiting the places where other everyday items can be carried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quality Ankle Holster, solves many of the mentioned issues with pockets. Just make sure your pants are long enough to cover it when seated.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    I would go a 43C or a pair of them. At 11oz, you can carry two of them potentially. With the low weight, it should be easy to stash them away in different spots

If you do a pair:
    1. you get 16 shots at approx 22oz of carry weight
    2. you have a gun/back-up gun NY reload. If one runs dry or has a catastrophic failure, you are still ok.
    3. you get ultra low recoil for the weight, allowing for solid follow-up accuracy.

There are 22LR ammo options that get 15 inches of penetration.

Really, to me that seems like a solid option. Get some wolff springs, polish it up and you can get a decent trigger and still have reliable ignition.

Extra bonus, you can practice the hell out of it cheaply and without pain.
    What sort of reliable trigger weight can you get with these? My LCR .22 seems an ideal low recoil gun, but the trigger is 12lbs and there is no way to lighten it. Works for me, but there are folks who can hardly pull a trigger that heavy without a lot of shaking.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Quality Ankle Holster, solves many of the mentioned issues with pockets. Just make sure your pants are long enough to cover it when seated.
    Or when getting into or out of cars.

Particularly when seated without a desk or table in front of you.

Make sure the pants are not only long enough to cover it, but loose enough so that they do not ride up when you sit.

I ave used both methods in NPE’s, and find myself worrying more about the ankle holster being spotted than a pocket holster.

One place an ankle holster may help is in workplaces where there is a risk of being told to empty your pockets. This never happened to me, but Todd Green posted on another forum that it happened to him twice.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    What sort of reliable trigger weight can you get with these? My LCR .22 seems an ideal low recoil gun, but the trigger is 12lbs and there is no way to lighten it. Works for me, but there are folks who can hardly pull a trigger that heavy without a lot of shaking.
    10lbs and smooth for sure, if you polish and go wolff springs. I have talked to people who said they can get a tad lower, but you would really have to verify with your ammo.

A guy i worked with carried his inside of slip on boots everyday for years. Just looking at cowboy boots and there is one maker Tecovas who has a low boot and perhaps there are other makers also. The roper style cowboy boot has a relatively low heel and does not look like a cowboy boot. I havent seen one in person but im thinking it hits below the calf so there might be room for a soft holster with clip.
    Last edited by UNK; 08-21-2019 at 08:02 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    A guy i worked with carried his inside of slip on boots everyday for years. Just looking at cowboy boots and there is one maker Tecovas who has a low boot and perhaps there are other makers also. The roper style cowboy boot has a relatively low heel and does not look like a cowboy boot. I havent seen one in person but im thinking it hits below the calf so there might be room for a soft holster with clip.
    Last time I carried with holster clipped to a boot it wasn't very comfortable. It was years ago with a metal frame pistol. A lot has changed since then but a pound bouncing against my leg / ankle is still a pound.

A ankle holster with the boot covering it, I think would work better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 08-21-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Last time I carried with holster clipped to a boot it wasn't very comfortable. It was years ago with a metal frame pistol. A lot has changed since then but a pound bouncing against my leg / ankle is still a pound.

A ankle holster with the boot covering it, I think would work better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I agree, and would add that most ankle holsters would require a boot with a wide top. However, that idea is infinitely better than trying to pull a sock up over the ankle holster, which invariably looks like something huge under a sock.

Site Supporter
    I am still waiting for the once promised 7.65/.32 Beretta Pico to fill my tiny semi-auto pistol place. With Euro 7.65 ammo, I suspect it would do as well as .380 ball but slightly less recoil and one more round in the magazine.

User Tag List