Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NPE J-Frame Size Revolvers - Let's Talk Quality Options

I just bought my 442-1 earlier this year new and haven’t had any problems yet. Admittedly I only have 400 rounds through it, but it’s definitely been nice to pocket carry in an Aholster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    For this application, it may come down to whether there is any significant difference in size between the two choices. Little differences in size can make a big difference when one absolutely cannot afford to have someone spot the gun.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I just bought my 442-1 earlier this year new and haven’t had any problems yet. Admittedly I only have 400 rounds through it, but it’s definitely been nice to pocket carry in an Aholster.

Agree on the Aholster. My LCR basically disappears. I have had it in my pocket a lot lately and almost forget it’s there.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    For this application, it may come down to whether there is any significant difference in size between the two choices. Little differences in size can make a big difference when one absolutely cannot afford to have someone spot the gun.
    Actually, it's not going to be carried in a pocket so the slight size increase of the LCR over J-Frame doesn't seem to matter much. It will be carried around the 12:00 position in a belly band rig of some sort, we have not figured how exactly. That being said, I believe we have narrowed it down to an LCR variant of some sort.

Looking mainly at .327 .38, .357 as of right now, the .327 Federal sounds appealing for one extra round if nothing else. That being said, both of the Magnum LCRs pay a sizable weight penalty, which is both good and bad as we know. Which leaves me wondering if the Magnum LCR's will be too much gun for a belly band rig, so because of this I feel that the .38 is a clear favorite.

.327 loaded with .32H&R mag FTW.

Is there a current production Smith J in .327?
    Is the LCR in .327 still pocketable?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post

The 327 LCR is 17.0 oz. My 357 LCR is 17.1.

I do feel the almost 4 oz difference when I switched to my 38 LCR at 13.5 oz. but I pocket carried the 357 for a year so I’d say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is there a current production Smith J in .327?
    No .327 J-Frames currently

This was sent to me earlier today. Vid goes surprisingly quickly, worth the watch. Interesting to note that the LCR was donated to the youtuber, this is his first time firing it. Spoiler alert, he really likes the .32H&R.

In regards to S&W QC: my 2017 (bought 3/2018) vintage 442-1 has suffered no issues with factory parts. I did install an Apex Duty Kit and had three light strikes in 83 rounds, none in the 165 rounds since returning to factory spec.

Currently at 969 rounds total, 382 being +P.

User Tag List