Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone become a dad later life?

Site Supporter
    The op has been blessed. It's that simple. I love babies and wish I had a couple. If there are dogs in the house, they need to be told daily that a new pup is on the way. By training I'm a zoologist. Despite that, I'm convinced the dogs will understand.

I married at 40, wife was 31.
    We had twins 19 months later (15 years ago), and another boy four years later (11 years now).
    VERY happy

Appreciate the wisdom here. First daughter at 39, second at 42. My wife is almost ten years younger than me and I think about them everyday and how I need to be around for a good while. Sometimes I wonder what if we had started earlier. But I wouldn't trade this for anything. Eat clean and on workdays I'm at the gym at 4am so I can be with them when I'm home. Actually headed to the gym now with a P2Ksk in a JMCK 2.5. The only exercise I really need to watch myself is doing pull ups so that my shirt doesn't ride up too high...

Site Supporter
    First time dad at 48 (wife is 41) of an adorable special needs princess. We're very tired.

35 and 38 for my last two (8 and 12 now). I had my first in my early 20s which was WAY easier than 30s / 40s IMO. Exhausted all the time, lol. Still loving it of course, watching your kids grow and excel (especially at things you love too) is amazing.

Being a granddaddy in your 40s seems pretty cool so far!

I had my son when I was 39. He’s six and just started 1st grade this week. Before he started school, I was worried that I’d be the “grandpa” amongst the other dads. I’m not nearly the oldest, I just look like it

Site Supporter
    My daughter was born when I was 36, and my son when I was 39. Most challenging and rewarding thing I have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Had my first at 39. Second at 42. Echo most of what others have said. About the only thing that really bothers me is the fact that due to my graying hair I sometimes get asked if I’m a grandpa.
    On the plus side they keep me young and give me more of an imperative to stay healthy as long as I can.

Became a father at 37. Four years later, it's been the most rewarding experience of my life. You'll be just fine.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Just when I thought I was an anomaly...

Married for the first time at 39, had my son at 43 and my little girl followed at 45.

They keep me young because they keep me moving.

What were those lyrics in that Tom Petty song, "Last Dance With Mary Jane"?

"You never slow down, you never grow old."

What I find really funny is that I am simultaneously their dad and just old enough to be their grandfather.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 08-17-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List