Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone become a dad later life?

Anyone become a dad later life?

I've recently found out that there's going to be another member of the family in about 8 months from now.

This one was unplanned. I have a 12 year old daughter, an almost 4 year old son.

I'm 39, wife is almost 35.

I didn't old until I found out about this. I'm excited but I'm honestly feeling a little awkward at the same time.

Just felt like I could throw it out here as I really haven't broken the news to anyone yet.

38 here

23yr old daughter
    7 year old daughter
    4 years old son
    Newborn son.

So. Yea. Right there with you.

Whatever you do, never accept the dad bod.

I’m 40... almost 41, wife is 38. We have 12yr and 7yr old sons and a 4yr old daughter. The younger two are adopted and we brought our daughter (safe surrender) home at day 2. So I suppose I’m not quite at the same time frame but fairly close. I have a partner who is early 40’s and they just had their (planned) youngest. Our neighbors had their kids both in early 40s.

Obviously it won’t be as easy as in your 20s, but I loved it. My wife and I did what we did with our oldest and took shifts. She went to bed early and I stayed up until about 3am. After the last feeding in that time frame I went to bed and the next my wife took. Of course we weren’t breast feeding so division of labor was easier.

We ultimately had 13 foster children, adoptiong two, so we got some experience. We had a premature baby from pretty much birth until 5 or 6 months who went back to relatives... we were ready to give up when a week later we got the call for who would be our daughter... so it was newborn for 5-6 months then a week later newborn to forever.

The phrase “I’m too old for this shit” was uttered frequently, but it was great.

You’ll do fine and congratulations!!!

Site Supporter

Soon to be 4 year old twins who we named after trees.

Couldn’t of imagined doing it sooner, they are my motivation to eat clean and exercise. They’ll break me if I don’t keep my shit together. And I want them to grow up with exercise and physicality being a thing unlike my ice cream eating, TV binge of a childhood.

I’ll be working well past 60, but probably most will.

37 when my son was born.

All children are a blessing. Congratulations!

Both of us were 40 when the boy, now almost 9, was born.

Being an older parent seems relatively easy to me. It’s fun to hang out with the thirtysomethings who are some of his peers’ parents, and enjoy the experience delta. At the same time, there are a lot of them who are our age who are on kid six, eight, or ten, and it is humbling to be around someone that functional.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Wife is 36

Almost 4 year old daughter

9 month old daughter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

My son was born when I was 37 and daughter when I was 40. They are now 16 and 13. I never felt I was an older parent, seems to be more common these days.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

My first was born when I was 32. The second at 38. The secondary blessing of the added 6=years was I made more money. Other than that age meany nothing of consequence.

Congrats! The late wife and I never had kids; I had a short remarriage since where I had a late teen stepdaughter, but that’s not the same as flesh and blood. At 56 I have no business fathering a child, and actually got snipped a few months ago to prevent it from happening since I keep getting involved with slightly younger but fertile women. My current relationship is hopefully my last, and I will end up with three stepsons (currently 14, 17 and 19.)

The challenges of being an older father would scare me, but from the longitivtiy / legacy standpoint - wanting to make sure I was around at least until they launch as adults and marry themselves.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List