Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Remington V3 Tactical

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've often wondered about this. I realize you're actually saying something that's probably hard to quantify since you're not saying it's the primary motivating factor for all gun buyers but that it's becoming a more common primary motivating factor.

Either way, I wonder if there are any sorts of trackable statistics or studies or surveys on this. "Our" segment of course sees itself as the primary segment, while farmers and rednecks all over the country are still just out there buying guns to shoot animals (fake and real) with.
    Pew research has done a few surveys:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...gun-ownership/

In other words, I'd rather my wife be defending the family with a gun she's familiar with from the clays course than one she's not enthused enough about to ever shoot.
    The gun someone knows how to use will always be superior to the one they don't know how to use regardless of the unknown weapon's benefits. If shotgunning for sport is a thing, though, it's really easy to have a defensive shotgun that works the same as the sporting gun. If they shoot clays or birds with a Benelli, the "tactical" versions of those guns have the same control layout. Same with Beretta. Or the Reminton 870/1100/1187/etc.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 08-26-2019 at 02:08 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Pew research has done a few surveys:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...gun-ownership/

The gun someone knows how to use will always be superior to the one they don't know how to use regardless of the unknown weapon's benefits. If shotgunning for sport is a thing, though, it's really easy to have a defensive shotgun that works the same as the sporting gun. If they shoot clays or birds with a Benelli, the "tactical" versions of those guns have the same control layout. Same with Beretta. Or the Reminton 870/1100/1187/etc.
    I would be willing to bet that when a woman buys a firearm for SD more than likely it's going to be a compact SA pistol. I've seen a lot of women at my range with SA pistols, never seen one shooting trap or SC. Maybe I'm there at the wrong time, don't know.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Even the dumbass fudds recognize that most shotguns are too damned long.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The first thing any semi-serious shotgun shooter does is get their gun fitted. Cast, drop, and length of pull should all be fitted to an individual shooter if the goal is to be an exceptional shooter with the gun, playing gun games. Not unlike pistol grips to fit your hand, (re)stocking a long gun is important.

Most folks can get by, by just getting a length of pull that works for them. The old "trick" is sticking the the butt into the pocket of your arm elbow and laying it along the forearm, if you can reach and press the trigger cleanly, it will work. But for most folks stocks are about 1-1.5" too long.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I wish I even remotely trusted modern Remington QC.

Anyone have one if these yet?

There are almost no reviews, owner reports, or discussion on these.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post

There has been some recent discussion about the V3 on another forum by guys that have been there done that with 3-gun setups. They seem to think big green finally got it right with the V3.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post

I picked one up last week. I got it from Grab a Gun for $823 out the door (772, shipping and tax) plus my dealer $27 fee. I bought the 6 round capacity, rifle sight model, 83441, due to pending legislation here in the soon to be shit hole Virginia.

I took it to the range with my 30 year old 870 to see how it functioned. I only ran buckshot through each of them. A mix of Federal Black Box 00 buck, Winchester 00 and #4 buckshot and some slugs. 60 rounds total with about 35 through the V3 and the rest through the 870.

The V3 ran fine through the 35 rounds, no jams, stoppages and ejection was consistent about 5 feet out at about 2 or 3 o'clock. The V3 is light, felt good in my hands and I liked the sights. In the past I have owned a couple of 1187P's and the V3 felt lighter and easier to shoot.

I plan to run quite a few more rounds in it to see how it runs and to get comfortable with the gun. This was only a quick test and as much as I liked it, it felt foreign in my hands and not natural like my 870. So far so good, but it needs way more rounds through it to see how it holds up.

@steve - please keep us posted as you get more rounds through it.

Thanks for the update! Was the width of the hand guard what makes it feel foreign? I held one in the store (28"er) and was not a fan of how the forend felt in my hand. I assume I'd get used to it.. Maybe? But my 870, and 1100's I've held fit so much more naturally.

I'm also sticking with the 6+1 because NY law is a complete mess regarding shotgun magazine capacity. 10 round magazines are technically legal after some court victories declared the law unconstitutional, but it's not written down anywhere and most people think they're still illegal, including many gun shops. It's a mess.

Anyway, one thing I'm curious about - does it really hold only 6 shells? Other guns that have the magazine tube flush with an 18.5" barrel can hold 7 (Beretta 1301 for example) so I'm confused what would cause the v3 to have less room in there.

User Tag List