Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Remington V3 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The hand guard felt fine and the width was not bad at all. For me it was the controls. I am used to to the 870 and running something new was like driving a rental car. I had to second guess what I was doing, it didn't feel natural.
    Have you shot it any more since? Have you grown to like it more, or less?

Also curious how you like the XS sights. I was originally sold on a vent rib but I'm starting to see the appeal of the XS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Have you shot it any more since? Have you grown to like it more, or less?

Also curious how you like the XS sights. I was originally sold on a vent rib but I'm starting to see the appeal of the XS.

I have not, I had some handgun matches I was practicing for and that took up my range sessions. Since all of that is now kaput I will take it out and run some more rounds through it. The sights were fine for me but I am used to rifles and I have trouble with a bead sight. I put rifle sights on my 870 so I didn't have to have a bead sight. I am the guy who went 0-25 duck hunting, one complete box and zero ducks. I think I would have done better with a Glock 17.

Site Supporter
    Took it out today, I ran Federal White Box 00 Buckshot (Blackpack), Federal 00 Buckshot, blue box, Winchester Heavy Game loads, 1255 FPS 7 1/2 shot and Fiocchi #4 and 00 Buckshot. In total about 75 rounds. Everything was flawless and the sights worked well, they were easy to pickup, the white dot front sight stands out. I was shooting plates also and the transition from plate to plate was good.

The forend is a little slippery but not much I can do about that. It hasn't replaced my 870 yet but a little more range time and we will see. Also, the Fiocchi 00 buck seemed to have a little more kick than the Federal stuff. Ejection on all the hulls was consistent even with the game loads. The gun ran without any issues.
    Last edited by steve; 04-01-2020 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

I figured that I would be able to afford one of these in April. Maybe even buy a Remington V3 Tac-13, plus one of its Black Aces counterparts, and give them a head-to-head trial by fire. A “whippet” gun has been on my to-eventually-do list for a very long time. Well, the pandemic intervened, and there are none of these to be had, unless one is willing to pay a substantial premium. Sigh.

Even if the weapons were available, there would be little anti-personnel ammo for testing.

Well, I did order the metal lockbox, to mount in my truck, that is of the just-right length to accommodate “other” firearms.

I know; I know; First-World problems.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Anyone know where to buy a V3 tactical or V3 competition tactical? They seem to be unobtanium above and beyond the current supply and demand issues.

Well nothing has changed, distributors dont have them and cant provide a restock date.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    Well nothing has changed, distributors dont have them and cant provide a restock date.
    If the rumors are true and Remington is on the verge of bankruptcy again, we may not see V3 tactical models anytime soon. It appears the various happenings of 2020 have wiped out all available inventory across the country. Additionally, I've noticed barrels for the 18.5" and 22" tactical models are out of stock at the various part peddlers.

User Tag List