Thread: Training facility (Boondocks FTA) for sale. I can't afford it, so you buy it.

Site Supporter

Training facility (Boondocks FTA) for sale. I can't afford it, so you buy it.

I saw on Facebook last night and again today that the Boondocks Firearms Training Academy (LINK), which is located in Raymond, MS about 35 minutes from my house, is for sale. I've taken three classes and shot a few IDPA matches there. It's really a first class facility. Sadly, I'm not in a position to buy it, but I thought I'd post it here, just in case someone might be interested. A number of well known trainers have taught classes there, or are scheduled to teach in the near future, including Tom Givens, Dave Spaulding, Mas Ayoob, and John Farnam. Hopefully a good buyer can be found that keeps scheduling such quality instructors.

I have no financial interest in the facility and no association with the current owners beyond the good experience of having shot there several times.

Huh. I attended Tom Given's Instructor Developement class there this summer. GREAT facility. I hope they find a buyer who will keep it running and not turn it into hunting land.

Great facility! The current owners are wonderful people; I had them as students.

As an academic exercise, I'd be interested in the asking price but I know the old' adage.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Great facility! The current owners are wonderful people; I had them as students.

As an academic exercise, I'd be interested in the asking price but I know the old' adage.
    If Lebowski stops buying online, and Darryl quits new revolver purchases for a month...they should be able to cover it right quick.

(The rest of us can chip in for upkeep.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If Lebowski stops buying online, and Darryl quits new revolver purchases for a month...they should be able to cover it right quick.

(The rest of us can chip in for upkeep.)
    My revolvers appreciate in value....just saying.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post

Give the disparity of real estate prices in CA and the rest of the country you may not want to give up so fast....

User Tag List