Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 dead, 6 charged with murder as 75 year old man in Chicago takes them on.

1 dead, 6 charged with murder as 75 year old man in Chicago takes them on.

Being 77 I always enjoy the stories when a person near my age proves that it would have been better to pick a different victim. This fellow shot and killed one teen. Under IL law the accomplices are now charged with murder since they were with the deceased. Chicago could use a few more incidents like this one. It will never change gangster behavior, but it eliminates gangsters.

Story at: https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...-jaquan-swopes

Teens, teens, teens.
    This isn't your little league team.
    How about louts or punks or crooks.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Teens, teens, teens.
    This isn't your little league team.
    How about louts or punks or crooks.

Indeed they were/are what you cited. I chose teens because they were that too, and I think it was significant to showing that such behavior in not a result of age but of culture. I remember people saying he grew up to be bad. I used to ask wasn’t he bad before he grew up. My Mother used to call juvenile delinquents “hoodlums.” Young people go bad early, often before they become teens. No way to prevent it, but the 75 year old man did help with the cure.

Site Supporter
    The press and local activists are in an uproar over the handling of this incident, particularly after the States Attorney decided to charge the rest of them with murder. I actually find it all pretty amusing as they try to blame the home owner for defending himself suggesting things like him not exiting his home, remaining inside and waiting for the Police to arrive etc. But then again it's sad as I watch them once again blame the victim and never the offender. Not one single word of the fact that they were in a stolen car that was loaded with loot from previous burglaries or that they admitted to being up there to steal another car and commit more burglaries. No sir, it's all the victims fault that the kid is dead and that the others are now accused of murder. And if anyone thinks that this was their first dance, well then I have some prime real estate in a swamp I can sell you.

Site Supporter
    When I was teaching, my dog alerted me to someone trying apparently trying to break into my vehicle. Instead of shooting the person, I dialed 911, cops came, and arrested him. He was my 16 year old student who was vandalizing my truck. Had I pulled the trigger on the 12 ga 00 buckshot, he would have died instantly. Killing him would have been unnecessary. He was unarmed. He was not threatening me. I was inside viewing this scene through a window. Texas law permitted my using deadly force, but killing him would have ruined my life and my wife's. I really don't care that a Chicago criminal died committing a crime. I don't care that he was a kid. In the above incident, I chose to call the cops. I'm glad I did. Had I shot the vandal, I could not have lived with the act.

From the article: "Two of the teens — one of whom held something in his hand — allegedly approached the man as he was standing on his porch, Covelli said. The man fired at least three rounds from a revolver, one of which hit a 14-year-old Chicago boy in the head.

The gunman, who had a valid FOID card and concealed-carry permit, called 911 to report the shooting and request an ambulance, Covelli said. Investigators found a knife at the scene, which they believe one of the suspects had with him."

So, if you believe this, it's not like the geezer smoked the crook unprovoked. Crook(s) would have been better off running away instead of trying to go after the person they were trying to rip off.

Quote Originally Posted by OMWAG View Post
    Indeed they were/are what you cited. I chose teens because they were that too, and I think it was significant to showing that such behavior in not a result of age but of culture. I remember people saying he grew up to be bad. I used to ask wasn’t he bad before he grew up. My Mother used to call juvenile delinquents “hoodlums.” Young people go bad early, often before they become teens. No way to prevent it, but the 75 year old man did help with the cure.
    I see where you are going.
    I was irked at the repeated use of the term "teen" by the news article which I doubt was meant to show how young you can become a criminal. More like "That mean old man shot that poor kid." slant.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Good on the older guy, As far as the little jackoffs go, screw'em. If you're old enough to pull a knife on someone, then you're old enough to get a bullet in the head..With a little luck, they'll all get life without parole..
    Last edited by ralph; 08-22-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Good on the older guy, As far as the little jackoffs go, screw'em. If you're old enough to pull a knife on someone, then you're old enough to get a bullet in the head..With a little luck, they'll all get life without parole..
    Come on, they were just turning their lives around...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Come on, they were just turning their lives around...
    I'm sure they were..I hear they have some good vocational programs in the joint..

User Tag List