Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 dead, 6 charged with murder as 75 year old man in Chicago takes them on.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Teens, teens, teens.
    This isn't your little league team.
    How about louts or punks or crooks.
    So close!

Teens, teens, dumbshit teens
    Punks, not your little league team
    Or just crooks or louts
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Yea people here have their fucking screws in backwards.

The kid got shot, so they all piled into their stolen SUV, then ran from the cops and finally were caught after a foot chase.

But the homeowner is responsible for the whole thing?

That’s fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by OMWAG View Post
    Being 77 I always enjoy the stories when a person near my age proves that it would have been better to pick a different victim. This fellow shot and killed one teen. Under IL law the accomplices are now charged with murder since they were with the deceased. Chicago could use a few more incidents like this one. It will never change gangster behavior, but it eliminates gangsters.

Story at: https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2...-jaquan-swopes
    Seems these youngsters never bothered to familiarize themselves with the quote attrubuted Steinbeck:

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ...The kid got shot, so they all piled into their stolen SUV, then ran from the cops and finally were caught after a foot chase...
    Maybe, just maybe, if they had gone to the hospital first or called for an ambulance, their buddy would have survived.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, if they had gone to the hospital first or called for an ambulance, their buddy would have survived.
    They’ll have some years to think about that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    When I was a kid, the state executioner drove up to the courthouse near me, unloaded his portable electric chair, threw the switch twice, and electrocuted one at a time two kids who were 15 and 16 years old. They were 14 and 15 when one killed a man. The sheriff's dilemma was deciding which one sat down first. The local priest made the decision. He selected the kid who did not pull the trigger so that the other one who did would have to sweat it out longer. They admitted their guilt and showed no remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    They’ll have some years to think about that.
    But I bet they won't.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    But I bet they won't.
    No bet.

Quote Originally Posted by OMWAG View Post
    Indeed they were/are what you cited. I chose teens because they were that too, and I think it was significant to showing that such behavior in not a result of age but of culture. I remember people saying he grew up to be bad. I used to ask wasn’t he bad before he grew up. My Mother used to call juvenile delinquents “hoodlums.” Young people go bad early, often before they become teens. No way to prevent it, but the 75 year old man did help with the cure.
    Sounds like a happy ending. I like the term Jeff Cooper used to use: Goblin.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Sounds like a happy ending. I like the term Jeff Cooper used to use: Goblin.
    Or the one that LawDog uses: Critter.

User Tag List