Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Palestinian attack on Israeli police

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    As they say in Jersey...”Bada bing, bada boom”.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Saw that but didn't know where on the planet it happened. The response to the attackers was nicely done!

Hammertime
    13 yo kids. Those that influenced them to this act should be the ones shot to the ground. Not saying the officers didn’t respond appropriately, just that there is a way deeper evil here.

Quote Originally Posted by OMWAG View Post
    Israeli media reported that the two attackers were 13 years old. One died at the scene and the other in the hospital.

There's the underlying tragedy. Little ones (yes, 13-year olds are little ones), who are so easily exploited and for so many reasons, being sent in by the cowards who trained them to carry out their acts in their place.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    There's the underlying tragedy. Little ones (yes, 13-year olds are little ones), who are so easily exploited and for so many reasons, being sent in by the cowards who trained them to carry out their acts in their place.
    I think you just framed the quintessential factor in ending the violence. It is culture and exploitation of the innocent to accomplish the goals of the guilty.

I think you just framed the quintessential factor in ending the violence. It is culture and exploitation of the innocent to accomplish the goals of the guilty.
    Of course, then there's the sixty-four million dollar question...

How do we (whoever that might be) go about reversing it? This is not just a "middle-East problem", but one that presents in differeing ways across the globe.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Wait wait....is this thread about Israel police or Demorats?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

How do we (whoever that might be) go about reversing it? This is not just a "middle-East problem", but one that presents in differeing ways across the globe.
    I don't think that it can be reversed anytime soon. The people who sent these kids knew very well what would happen to them--and they did not care. Instead, they are trying to exert such a cost on Israel that it has to given them what they want. Of course, what they want is Israel itself, so it isn't going to happen.

The closest that can be done to reversing things is what the Israelis are doing. Kill the attackers; then kill the next wave and the next wave and the next wave. Be prepared for a 200 year war.

Sooner or later the Palestinians might realize that they have lost every battle and lost the war and should try the alternative--which is stop attacking Israelis.

But with the EU and UN funding the Palestinians (they would argue that the funding is going for other things, but money is fungible so things like these attacks are being funded by the PLO and Hamas from those EU/UN funds it is not going to end anytime soon. Tough on the 13 year olds. Tough on the Israeli security forces. And tough on the EU's taxpayers.

How do we (whoever that might be) go about reversing it?
    You don't. Humans have and always will find ways to kill each other, including the use of kids...not to mention the concept of "child soldiers" being unacceptable is a fairly recent development of the western world within the lifetimes of even the members of this board and simply doesn't apply to 3/4 of the world.

For the remainder of human existence, civilization will continue having to kill children who bear arms for a cause. Accept it and drive on.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I don't think that it can be reversed anytime soon. The people who sent these kids knew very well what would happen to them--and they did not care. Instead, they are trying to exert such a cost on Israel that it has to given them what they want. Of course, what they want is Israel itself, so it isn't going to happen.

The closest that can be done to reversing things is what the Israelis are doing. Kill the attackers; then kill the next wave and the next wave and the next wave. Be prepared for a 200 year war.

Sooner or later the Palestinians might realize that they have lost every battle and lost the war and should try the alternative--which is stop attacking Israelis.

But with the EU and UN funding the Palestinians (they would argue that the funding is going for other things, but money is fungible so things like these attacks are being funded by the PLO and Hamas from those EU/UN funds it is not going to end anytime soon. Tough on the 13 year olds. Tough on the Israeli security forces. And tough on the EU's taxpayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    You don't. Humans have and always will find ways to kill each other, including the use of kids...not to mention the concept of "child soldiers" being unacceptable is a fairly recent development of the western world within the lifetimes of even the members of this board and simply doesn't apply to 3/4 of the world.

For the remainder of human existence, civilization will continue having to kill children who bear arms for a cause. Accept it and drive on.
    I agree with your points, guys. While it might be possible to reduce/inhibit the disgusting practice of creating "child soldiers" (esp. as it seems to occur in Africa), I doubt that we'll ever be able to do much else, especially with the UN's involvement (the biggest representative of brutal dictatorships that I can think of).

That is why I am not holding my breath waiting for the $64,000,000 check. I sure don't have the answers.

User Tag List