Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1968 Colt cobra seeks compact grips

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    So I had ordered a couple more pairs of the pachmayrs when i found them online. Looking on the inside there was a lot of space between the bottom and where the gun actually sat. If I can get a better way to cut (had to use a dremel cutting wheel, hacksaw (didn't work so well) and a dremel sanding wheel. The dremel died but so far (pic below) they look ok and are almost the side I am looking for. Mostly trying to get the grips to a good length for ankle carry. I also found out that these grips have metal shanks in them, which made it really fun to cut.... I might buy a few more pairs to try this out on, but I will see if I can take them to my buddy's shop and cut them with the bandsaw and just finish up with a dremel sanding wheel.

Attachment 41397
    Those actually look really good!

Those were Compacts you chopped up?

Site Supporter
    Yes sir. The bottoms look like crap, because I didn't have a clean cutting mechanism. My dremel battery gave out before I could finish them off. I want to go a bit shorter and that should even out the bottom of the grips. I will post an all round picture of them once they are done. They are slightly longer than j frame grips right now, but the time I am done they should be shorter. My pinky already hangs off (I have small hands anyway) but this should make it a great pocket carry size and great for ankle carry.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Those actually look really good!

Those were Compacts you chopped up?

You could look for a pair of agent grips. The agent grips are shorter than the cobra and detective special grips. Then add a grip adapter. The colt agent is the size of a j frame but for the cylinder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List