Thread: Gwinnett Police Bust Woman Posing as LE for Free Food

Site Supporter

Gwinnett Police Bust Woman Posing as LE for Free Food

https://www.tactical-life.com/news/g...ice-bust-woman

Gwinnett Police Bust Woman Posing as LE for Free Food

AFTER A GEORGIA DCS OFFICER LENDS HER BADGE AND GUN TO A FRIEND TO SCORE SOME FREE FOOD, A GWINNETT POLICE OFFICER PULLS THEM OVER AND STOPS THE CHARADE.

A Georgia Department of Community Supervision officer is out of a job, and her friend faces felony charges, after Gwinnett Police spotted the pair pulling a fast one on a local QuikTrip. The friend used the officer’s badge and gun to pose as an officer to score some free food. But she now faces felony charges for impersonating an officer.
    Officer body cam footage captured the stop, where a defiant suspect, identified as 33-year-old Pektra LaQuiche Edgerton, pushes back immediately upon being stopped. Officer Smith tells Edgerton he stopped her for having a broken brake light. But when the officer asks Edgerton where she works, the suspect becomes clearly agitated.

“Did you stop me because my brake light is out or diid you stop me to ask me who I work for?” Edgerton asks.

“Are you a police officer or are you not a police officer?” Smith responds flatly.

Then Edgerton takes it up a notch, alleging Smith pulled her over simply because she is black.

“So because a black person walks into a store with a badge and a gun, it’s an issue,” Edgerton said.

“It has nothing to do with you being black,” Smith replies.

In short order, Smith then gets to the bottom of the situation, learning that the passenger, Brandi Green, leant her gun and badge to Edgerton. That’s when Officer Smith calls DCS, letting the agency know what its employee has been up to.

“After Ms. Green was made aware of the forthcoming investigation, she resigned on the same day, DCS said in a statement, reported ajc.com.

Police arrested Edgerton for impersonating an officer. She also faces a moving violation for a broken brake light. Police released the suspect after she posted a $4,146 bond, according to ajc.com.
    Sadly, this is not the first time I’ve heard of something like this though it is usually a boyfriend doing the impersonating.

Original story here: https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/...KHwg6oUPsf0J/#
    Last edited by HCM; 09-05-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Where the fuck do these mutants come from where they 1) think this was a good idea, but then 2) argue themselves into a felony when they could've just shutup and maybe have gotten a ticket.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Where the fuck do these mutants come from where they 1) think this was a good idea, but then 2) argue themselves into a felony when they could've just shutup and maybe have gotten a ticket.
    The traffic stop was a pretext. The officer saw their shenanigans in the store.

He likely in the parking lot before they went in but definitely saw them in the store.

I do follow on the WTF was the probation officer thinking but you have to remember there are generally two types of probation officers, those with LE mindset and those with “hug-a-thug” mindset. Among the latter groups some are actual do-gooders who mean well and some are thugs themselves.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-08-2019 at 02:05 PM.

Can’t add to an LE-specific discussion. I’ll just note that anyone whose middle name literally translates as "the savory custard pie thickened with eggs" probably has had the deck stacked against them since birth. Especially in matters pertaining to food.

Last edited by Totem Polar; 09-08-2019 at 02:58 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Unfortunate, but true. When reading crimes at roll call, I frequently names that seemed to indicate that the suspects were refugees from the planet Krpton.
    Last edited by jnc36rcpd; 09-08-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Unfortunate, but true. When reading crimes at roll call, I frequently names that seemed to indicate that the suspects were refugees from the planet Krpton.
    The ones that the Sergeant can't even pronounce are always crowd favorites. Lots of comments from the peanut gallery.

Stupid games, stupid prizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    The ones that the Sergeant can't even pronounce are always crowd favorites. Lots of comments from the peanut gallery.
    I have booking photos of a Euranus and a Vaginus Johnson. I keep them for when people don't believe they are real names.

https://law.justia.com/cases/indiana...03-pc-195.html Court documents for Euranus Johnson.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List