Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glook 41/34 as a bullseye pistol?

Site Supporter

Glook 41/34 as a bullseye pistol?

I recently started participating it a local shooting league. It's a indoor range most targets are at 40 or 50 feet. I have been using my trusty S&W model 19-3 with a 6 inch barrel, and came in 2nd in the C division. First time out so pretty happy with that.

I have G41.4 that I like and it seems pretty accurate, but I don't know if it's target shooting accurate. It's pretty much stock. Thinking changing the connector, and striker spring. Would a aftermarket barrel help? Or should be looking for a 1911? Name:  MVIMG_20190810_224024.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  29.7 KB

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Why not just try it as it is, and then make mods as indicated by your empirical experience? Best, Jon

I would install target sights, polish all trigger components, install a minus connector and a 5# FPS.
    I have never seen anyone shoot worse with better sights and trigger.

Site Supporter
    For whatever reason, the .45 caliber Glocks exhibit astoundingly good accuracy. Almost every example I've fired has been on par or better than a number of factory production 1911s in my hands. I'd probably give it a little time, maybe change a connector and the sights, but I strongly doubt you'd see any benefit from an aftermarket barrel.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I recently started participating it a local shooting league. It's a indoor range most targets are at 40 or 50 feet.

I have G41.4
    For a limited distance range I feel like you will have all you need. I put the following target up at the 25 yard line/ 75 feet freestyle using both hands.

Name:  g41.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  39.1 KB

What is the target they are using at 40-50 feet? And are you using just strong hand only?

This G41.4 has Ameriglo Defoor blacked out fixed sights (cheap/effective) and Talon grips. Bone stock everything else. Sellier & Bellot 230 grain FMJ.

Here's a target at 50 yards (150 feet) using the same pistol strong hand only. The high miss as well as the others in the white aren't the gun's fault. I own those.

Name:  glock4150yard.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  23.9 KB

Shoot it at the next match with S&B 230 grain. I think you will be pleased.

Regards.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    For a limited distance range I feel like you will have all you need. I put the following target up at the 25 yard line/ 75 feet freestyle using both hands.

Name:  g41.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  39.1 KB

What is the target they are using at 40-50 feet? And are you using just strong hand only?

This G41.4 has Ameriglo Defoor blacked out fixed sights (cheap/effective) and Talon grips. Bone stock everything else. Sellier & Bellot 230 grain FMJ.

Here's a target at 50 yards (150 feet) using the same pistol strong hand only. The high miss as well as the others in the white aren't the gun's fault. I own those.

Name:  glock4150yard.jpg
Views: 971
Size:  23.9 KB

Shoot it at the next match with S&B 230 grain. I think you will be pleased.

Regards.
    Targets are various bullseye and silhouette. Two hand hold allowed. The only restriction is iron sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    I have G41.4 that I like and it seems pretty accurate, but I don't know if it's target shooting accurate.
    Not to be contrary, but you have the gun, so shoot the gun at a target and see how it compares to your revolver.
    I don't know the course of fire so I can't guess, much less predict the result.

The ceramics lab at my old agency had a powerful hydraulic press for testing compressive strength of concrete. The maker's decal said "One test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 08-17-2019 at 10:47 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Ordered Dawson adjustable sights blacked front and rear. And Wolff 5 pound striker springs. Probably paint the front sight white or orange.

The course of fire is 2 targets 10 rounds per target. New season starts in September should have time to get the 41 dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    The maker's decal said "One test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
    Thread drift, but that's priceless. And going in a sig line...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

At fifty feet, almost any quality pistol will be sufficient for Bullseye unless you have to use the indoor Bullseye NRA B-2 target. The ten-ring diameter for the B-2 is 0.90", and it is quite the challenge. It sounds a lot easier than it is. I regularly humble myself with it by dropping one or two shots in a ten-shot string.

For Bullseye, I need good sights, a good trigger, and a lot of practice. I prefer the BoMar-pattern sights with a narrow rear notch (0.110") paired with a narrow front post (0.090"). I set the sights for a six-o'clock hold.

The one disadvantage to the Glock is there is no Bullseye-quality .22 LR conversion. Even if you do not shoot the .22 portion for competition, .22 practice is invaluable for trigger control as the lack of recoil provides feedback.

User Tag List