Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duty Gloves

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    For those who haven’t tried it, shoot a qualification or some drills with disposable gloves on. They are very grippy, more so than with duty type gloves, which can be both positive and negative in terms of gun handling. Definitely something you should try, especially from the holster under time pressure before you need to do it for real.

I just use whatever latex/rubber gloves I can get from the FD. I search too many crackheads to touch them with a pair of nice gloves and then put those gloves anywhere in my car.

Site Supporter
    I used the same set of leather gloves with Kevlar lining my entire career (hatch or safariland IDR) . I used hatch nomex gloves as everyday gloves and winter gloves. I also kept leather work gloves in my bag. I often would wear the leather frisk gloves with latex gloves over the leather. I would usually throw my used latex gloves in the ambulances trash and grab new ones from them right away. My first year I bought a set of Browning thin leather trap gloves. I stopped using the browning gloves at work because they took too long to put on- they were very tight fitting; great for dexterity. My department prohibited sap gloves so I avoided any gloves with hard knuckle protection

I work in a hot climate so perhaps once or twice a year my hands get "cold".

I am totally skeeved out by the type of people that I am routinely coming in contact with and searching/patting down. Given that fact, I haven't wanted to buy a pair of gloves that will basically hold onto all kinds of nastiness. I use latex for essentially everything.

When it comes to long gun calls, I will on occasion put on SKD PIG Gloves. There's enough tactile sensation with these things to allow me to do basic tasks. Their warranty is also pretty awesome. I tore a pair of gloves during patrol rifle quals the first time I ever wore them and SKD offered to replace them. That's pretty awesome service.

I've been using Oakley Factory Lite Gloves for work and shooting. I love them, Only complaint is they dont have a hang loop I could use to attach a pair to my SWAT PC.

Not a LEO, but I have two pairs of the PIG Delta gloves, 1 pair of the Alpha. I use them during the winter, and always have a pair for any time I need work gloves. I love them, way better than the Mechanix I used to use. Hold up well, good dexterity, good fit, I can use my smaller touch screen phone one moment, the next, be lifting heavy and rough rocks or whatever. Great deal for the money. I'm anal about stuff on my hands, they are the first gloves in my entire life I've liked wearing for any application.

User Tag List