Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to the Firearms Industry

Less Glock copies. More pull ups.

Seriously.

Also an Airweight 3” K frame 38 Special

I'd take the following, in order, please:

1. QUALITY, dependable products at reasonable price points. Stop using us as unpaid beta testers! I love to throw Sig under the bus for this, but darned near every manufacturer has gone through this at some point, to the point that I don't trust any of them when they release new products
    2. More QC and better materials and less bling. (sort of a corollary to #1)
    3. Assuming #1 and #2 can be achieved:

- S&W, give me a no-lock 642 with a pinned usable front sight and decent rear sight - preferably front NS. Also, I'll take a 4" deep blue no0lock N Frame in 45 Colt, and a 5" full underlug no lock 629. All of those without having to take out a second mortgage, please
    - Colt - I'd like any of your 1911s that actually worked out of the box, and were dehorned so I couldn't use them as shaving razors in a pinch; oh, and a 4" Python.
    - Glock - Gen5 big bores - start with a G30S or G30.
    - Sig - a P228 built like the one I bought in 1991, with the same accuracy and reliability.
    - HK - a VP9 Compact (G19 dimensions, I'll take 13 rounds in the mag if that's all you can fit in there)

I'm sure there are plenty of other things on my "want" list, but those are what comes to mind immediately...

Site Supporter
    A top-loading battery RMR Type 2

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    CZ P-10C [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What he meant was a P-10C that takes a G19 Gadget. I so understand!

I want a grip frame that will fit a 2011 pistol that will take a commonly available magazine, like say the buttload of M&P9 mags I have...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Pic railed USP/c, with commonly supported f/r dovetails.
    Understood the previous reply, and it's realistic, but I'd sure like to see the whole USP line revised with Pic rails. Sell Pic-to-LegacyUSP adapters, instead of the opposite.

And while we're at it, Sig should just migrate all the commercial variants of classic P series over to Pics. If agencies wanted legacy rails to work with their existing gear, they could order them.

Also, while we're dreaming about better revolvers, I'd like a quality-made carbon steel revolver that was fully ferritic-nitrocarburized like an H&K or older Glock slide.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Return QC to SiG and S&W.

S&W:

1. Stop production of revolvers with locks and return to non-lock style frames.
    2. 3” 642. I have a 3” 640 and really want an Airweight version.
    3. 315 Night Guard w/ 3” barrel.
    4. Reintroduce .32 J Frames.
    5. Shield with a longer barrel and grip to compete with the G-48.

Ruger

1. Reintroduce the Deerfield in .44 and .357 magnum.
    2. A Keith Number 5 in .44 Special and .45 Colt. Limited edition in conjunction with Bowen.

Winchester

1. Modern Model 92 Trappers along the lines of the Taylor’s Alaskan Takedown. Both takedown and standard, stainless and blue. .357, .44, and .45 Colt.

Browning

1. BAR in 6.5 CM
    Last edited by MolonLabe416; 08-16-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunner View Post
    Please post your wishes, hopes and dreams about the guns you would like to own below:

[snip]
    A pistol with Glock reliability, a metal magazine and glass reinforced high strength polymer frame. Think M&P or HK P30/VP9 construction, ergonomic grip, Etc. OK a new Glock with 21st century technology. Oh, and make it look better, just because….

[snip]
    I think we have those in both hammer and striker variants, the HK P30 and VP9 you mentioned. HK uses amazingly good metal magazines (the same magazine) in both guns, the frames are glass-filled polymer, and the guns look a bit better than Glocks do. And they seem to run (at least the P30 does for me; I have little VP9 experience). P30/VP9 magazines just do not wear out or die. I am not sure what the secret sauce is, but I bet some of it is less magazine spring compression. That is why Glock gets 17 rounds into the same volume HK uses for 15 rounds.

I feel ungrateful replying in this thread- so many things are so good about modern semi-autos.

If I could have Polymer-80 frame shaped Glock with M&P ambi slide locks, M&P or USP ambi safties, and USP magazine releases, I would be totally content.

Looking farther out, a method of non-reciprocating, rear of slide RDS mounting in a practically-oriented pistol would be interesting.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List