Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Letter to the Firearms Industry

Reintroduction of 4" and 5" 624s from S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    G43x arena pistol that is DAO or DA/SA. Reliable, current production, and durable.
    The Beretta APX carry has a long DAO feel to the trigger.

Steyr

I'd like Steyr to spend more $$ on marketing so many many people will discover the glory that is the Steyr M9/L9. It is the perfect time now with the L9-A2.

Pic railed USP/c, with commonly supported f/r dovetails.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Mico red dot mounting standard. Seems that they all are different.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wasserpistole View Post
    I'd like Steyr to spend more $$ on marketing so many many people will discover the glory that is the Steyr M9/L9. It is the perfect time now with the L9-A2.
    I have always liked the Steyr pistols, did not hear of the A2's coming until this... they look really well done.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Pic railed USP/c, with commonly supported f/r dovetails.
    This is extremely doubtful given how H&K designs/tests firearms, unfortunately. They are not going to revisit a pistol this old, IMO, especially considering they still command a very high price in this current market as one of their highest priced pistols in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Mico red dot mounting standard. Seems that they all are different.
    This would be incredible and I have been waiting for something along the lines of M-LOK or 1913 type standards to become the norm, but given the current state of things I would imagine this doesn't change anytime soon. 1913 was designed as a military standard, M-LOK was made open source by Magpul as long as manufacturer's actually meet their specs.

I don't see exactly who benefits (other than consumers) with red dot mounting standards. I suspect we will see the cluster&*^ # we currently deal with continue well into the next decade... but I hope I am wrong about this one. Would make getting heavy into the optics world an easier pill to swallow. I have still not come around for this and other reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range please.
    That's so 1984 at this point.

Site Supporter
    I wish manufacturers like Ruger and Smith & Wesson would do a group buy option on their website. They have made so many model variations in small numbers and discontinued many models that a simple section with a few listed possible model variations to vote on would be nice. Once they pick a model to produce that year then they could have people commit to buy. Once they hit 5000 buyers produce it. Call it requested model of the year. Kind of what lipsey does.
    Maybe we would have better luck talking to lipseys and buying through gun genie

Examples of what I want
    S&W 642 no lock with pinned front sight like a 340
    S&W 642 power port no lock
    S&W 432 no lock
    S&W 315 no lock
    S&W 16 4” stainless k frame no lock in .327 magnum
    S&W 19 power port with no lock
    Ruger blackhawk flat top stainless convertible .357/9mm 4 5/8 ( I know they just made them but I can’t find one now)
    Ruger super blackhawk stainless bisley .44 mag 5.5 barrel

And I would also like Kahr to make a PM45 that uses 1911 mags and actually works and is reliable. The original detonics mag would be a good place to start. It must have flush fit base pads and take full size 1911 mags. Back when I was issued a 1911 I really wanted a backup gun that took the same mags. I even tried the para ordinance double action in an alessi ankle holster but it was too heavy. I tried the Kahr and it never fed well and I did not have the time to sort it out. I settled on a lightweight commander in a vest holster and a S&W 642 on the ankle or in the pocket of my winter coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Gunner View Post
    A pistol with Glock reliability, a metal magazine and glass reinforced high strength polymer frame. Think M&P or HK P30/VP9 construction, ergonomic grip, Etc. OK a new Glock with 21st century technology. Oh, and make it look better, just because…..
    CZ P-10C [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scaled up, D-frame sized, 6-shot Ruger LCR that folks have discussed here before.

The scaled down, single-six/seven sized, birdshead vaquero in 9mm that I’ve discussed here before.

The "tactical" version of the new Ruger super GP competition 8-shot (think TRR8; railed upstairs and down, 4-5", no barrel housing slots...)

- - -
    642 no lock with real sights; good QC
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List