Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What are you wearing under your vest?

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    Has anyone tried the inserts that go under the armor that allows air to flow through?
    The only one that really works is the Cool cop, they’ve gotten more expensive, but are worth it.

I washed and forgot to bring back my outer vest carrier yesterday, so I was back to wearing my vest under my shirt. With two extra layers of fabric under the vest, the outer carrier wasn’t any cooler out of the car. Not being able to take the vest off while eating lunch at the station was a different issue.
    Last edited by txdpd; 08-21-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    It more about the compression than the actual material. Lets the armor sort of move with me rather than bunch up the undershirt like cotton shirts tend to.

That Lysol product is the bitch kitty. Makes the shirts and armor carrier stink resistant
    Glad I saw this. Our new tan issue Class A shirts stink like hell after a hot day here in VA. The old brown ones didn't for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    Glad I saw this. Our new tan issue Class A shirts stink like hell after a hot day here in VA. The old brown ones didn't for some reason.
    If you’re going from a primarily cotton/wool blend to a synthetic, synthetic fabrics have a tendency to hold body oil, which is a perfect place for stinky bacteria to have an orgy on your clothing. Laundry detergent is geared towards cotton.

If they are really nasty you can soak them in a stripping solution of oxiclean and borax. That might destroy seen on patches and if there’s coatings on the fabric that might go too. For regular washing I like Chemical Guys microfiber wash it’s citrus based and designed to clean wax out of microfiber towels. Works great on straight synthetic fabrics, it won’t clean cotton.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List