Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you wearing under your vest?

I’ve also gotten random eczema from humidity/heat under the vest. If it keeps going, consider going to the dermatologist. They can normally give you something for flare-ups.

I've been using Hanes XTemp shirts for the last few years and I like them ok. They are very thin, have a smooth texture, and aren't terribly expensive. They also don't seem to bunch up under my vest like a normal cotton t-shirt. I think the shirts would likely breath well but the panels on my vest are like a sealing barrier. Even when these shirts get wet they're still fairly comfortable through a 12 hour shift. I've considered trying out a "Tac Vent" under my vest but I can't help thinking it looks very uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Plate carriers as in outer soft armor carriers, or legitimate plate carriers? Do you guys have a concern with the reduced coverage?
    First Spear plate carriers with level III+ plates but we have the option to run this as well.

There's soft armor on the cummerbund but its does provide less coverage than a normal vest like most officers wear.

I like running plates full time better. Putting on a plate carrier over a normal police uniform with soft body armor was hell. You could barely fit into your vehicle and it was difficult to drive.

I wear the Mr. Davis t-shirts under my armor. Got the recommendation from @Duke. Love'em. Was recently in Kansas and their 100*+ head index wearing armor all day, no complaints.

https://mrdavis.com/
    Last edited by TGS; 08-16-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Under Armor or Champion's C9 or two different Duluth Trading shirts, one has the Buck Naked material while the other is closer to traditional undershirt material.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I've been using Hanes XTemp shirts for the last few years and I like them ok. They are very thin, have a smooth texture, and aren't terribly expensive. They also don't seem to bunch up under my vest like a normal cotton t-shirt. I think the shirts would likely breath well but the panels on my vest are like a sealing barrier. Even when these shirts get wet they're still fairly comfortable through a 12 hour shift. I've considered trying out a "Tac Vent" under my vest but I can't help thinking it looks very uncomfortable.
    I tried Tac Vent for a while, just under my front panel. I tried it between my carrier and my undershirt and inside the carrier. I never found it to be all that effective. The vest I'm issued has zero mesh on it which I think would help with the air flow and make the tac vent more effective.

I used to use the cheap compression shirts available at Wal Mart when I wore navy blue uniforms.

When I went to the SO and tan uniform shirts, tan t-shirts were in short supply. I went with these:

https://www.rangerjoes.com/T-Shirt-Coolmax-P2598.aspx

I recently started using a Blauer Armorskin external carrier. We are required to wear regular uniform shirts with them, as the specialty shirts that pair with them are not authorized.

I were Duluth Buck Naked underwear with great results.

I've been pleased with the Gold Bond spray body powder. With regular powder, I read somewhere that cornstarch is superior to talcum.

We generally run 110-115 heat index in the summertime here, along with high humidity.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 08-17-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Try an external vest carrier in hot weather. You can unzip the sides and air yourself out when sitting in the car or in the office. This is a double plus if you can your whole vest off when report writing, etc.

User Tag List