Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you wearing under your vest?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

What are you wearing under your vest?

For years I've been fine with generic "under armor" type wicking shirts, but for some reason I'm getting the torso equivalent of monkey-butt this year. Any cool new hi-tek ultra under-shirts out there that are cooler and don't itch? Or should I just start rolling in a big pile of Gold Bond before getting dressed?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Duluth thin breathable summer shirts.

If the weather is over 105 I don't wear a shirt and just wash the carrier.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Didn’t Mike Seeklander recommend an ice block thing that fit behind the vest?

Quote Originally Posted by zuplex View Post
    Didn’t Mike Seeklander recommend an ice block thing that fit behind the vest?
    I'm just wearing cotton t-shirts and suffering. Febreeze is my friend.

I used to wear the Walmart Starter brand moisture wicking t-shirts.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Mostly either cotton T-shirts or under armour heat gear shirts, the real soft ones not usually the silky type ones, though I have a couple of those.

Site Supporter
    I wear the UA compression shirts. They are just the most comfortable under the armor. (no pun intended. Yes, Blues I channeling your inner punster). The trick to keeping them and the carrier clean is washing with this stuff in the rinse cycle. Eliminates monkey torso.

Lysol laundry sanitizer

Site Supporter
    Did 7 miles of foot patrol in my gear and vest the other day. Weather approaching 100 degrees or more.

Under my vest was likely some random old navy, jc penny, walmart black or blue cheap shirt. Of course I always bring a change of clothes to work and when I get a chance, I at least switch my shirt out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I wear the UA compression shirts. They are just the most comfortable under the armor. (no pun intended. Yes, Blues I channeling your inner punster). The trick to keeping them and the carrier clean is washing with this stuff in the rinse cycle. Eliminates monkey torso.

https://www.lysol.com/products/laund...dry-sanitizer/
    I forgive you. I wear the UA sleeveless compression shirts (for CCW) but I no longer wear body armor. The Heat Gear and Charged Cotton Shirts from UA would be pretty good as well, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I forgive you. I wear the UA sleeveless compression shirts (for CCW) but I no longer wear body armor. The Heat Gear and Charged Cotton Shirts from UA would be pretty good as well, imho.
    It more about the compression than the actual material. Lets the armor sort of move with me rather than bunch up the undershirt like cotton shirts tend to.

That Lysol product is the bitch kitty. Makes the shirts and armor carrier stink resistant
    Last edited by Jason M; 08-15-2019 at 08:30 PM.

User Tag List