Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The End Of L.E. As We Knew It...the Bell Tolls

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Ran into a retired coworker about 18 months ago. Guy looked great. Fit, relaxed, smile on his face. I remarked on it to him and he said, "Never underestimate the stress relieving health benefits of being able to tell assholes to go fuck themselves." God....I can't wait. 2 years 4 months....
    I can tell you that it's positively liberating. When I had it out with my former SAC who was eventually moved up to D.C. and ended up being one of the engraved signatures on my retirement plaque...he was giving me a ration of shit about something to do with a case...

...I asked him what he had done to help facilitate the cases we were working and support the efforts of the agents.

He said it wasn't his job.

I asked him just what the fuck his job was. The look on his face was priceless.

Of course, I was transferred back to the narcotics group at Homestead AFB in retaliation...but I put my papers in that same year and said adios mf'ers!!!

Life is good. Hang in there, brother.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Is that not what (good) officers strive to do anyway?

They’ll never be correct every single time; it’s impossible to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was curious as to the legal authority for Congress to enact such legislation. I skimmed over the actual bill, and it appears to apply only to federal agents. I’ll read it in full later when on a computer.

The 10th Amendment, in my opinion, would preclude Congress from ordering states and local governments from having to adopt such policies. Congress could, however, attach the adoption of such a policy to the acceptance of federal funding. While it doesn’t have a stick, it does have a carrot.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Well this is going to suck if enacted. I have about 20 years to go before I can retire.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Well this is going to suck if enacted. I have about 20 years to go before I can retire.
    Just polish up on your verbal skills...weapons will no longer be necessary in the brave new world.

(And remember, no harsh words. It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

So Graham v Connor no longer a thing?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Very hard to make an argument that such a statute is within the enumerated powers of Congress.
    Like that's stopped Congress before...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It seems that other than pithy titles and catch phrases, the only thing that will result from this proposed legislation is the death of LEOs.

So glad to be retired...so sad for those who will be judged by the clueless.
    I was in Ponta Delgada Portugal a few weeks ago. I talked to the cops there. They are required to wound first before using deadly force. You can’t just shoot someone with a knife. It was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Ran into a retired coworker about 18 months ago. Guy looked great. Fit, relaxed, smile on his face. I remarked on it to him and he said, "Never underestimate the stress relieving health benefits of being able to tell assholes to go fuck themselves." God....I can't wait. 2 years 4 months....
    322 days left myself

197 days 'til eligibility for me. Realistically hoping to hang in until the end of 2021, but I'll pop smoke most ricky-tick if any shit like this goes through.

User Tag List