Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The End Of L.E. As We Knew It...the Bell Tolls

The End Of L.E. As We Knew It...the Bell Tolls

It seems that other than pithy titles and catch phrases, the only thing that will result from this proposed legislation is the death of LEOs.

Representative Lacy Clay (D-MO) has teamed up with Representative Ro Khanna (D-CA) to introduce legislation that would create a single federal standard for use of force. Clay and Khanna held a press conference Friday to introduce the measure aimed at combating misuse of force by law enforcement.

The Police Exercising Absolute Care with Everyone Act of 2019, or PEACE Act, would require officers not use force unless “such force is necessary, as a last resort, to prevent imminent and serious bodily injury or death to the officer or another person; the use of such forces creates no substantial risk of injury to a third person; and reasonable alternatives to the use of such force have been exhausted.”

It would require officers to use a verbal warning before using force and use the least amount of force when interacting with pregnant women; individuals under the age of 21; elderly persons; persons with mental, behavioral, or physical disabilities or impairments; persons experiencing perceptual or cognitive impairments due to use of alcohol, narcotics, hallucinogenic, or other drugs; persons suffering from a serious medical condition; and persons with limited English proficiency...
    So glad to be retired...so sad for those who will be judged by the clueless.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It seems that other than pithy titles and catch phrases, the only thing that will result from this proposed legislation is the death of LEOs.

So glad to be retired...so sad for those who will be judged by the clueless.
    Guess only mind-readers need apply..how else are the guys on scene going to know who has what going on?

Pure idiocy

They are idiots. I’m so glad I’m retired and a pencil necked contracting geek now.

I know I'm "out of my lane" here, commenting even though I'm not a LEO, rather a doc, but...

How is it that the most ridiculously-ignorant and emotionally-prejudiced people seem to come to be in the political positions of being able to recommend or promote legislation about matters such as firearms ownership, firearm characteristics, LEO use of force or extent of LEO powers in dealing with suspected or potential "offenders"?

They clearly know little or nothing about the matters for which they presume to recommend restrictions and prohibitions.

How can it be that genuinely-expert consultants regarding the matters in question are never invited to become involved?

Just venting.

I think, or at least hope, that many, perhaps most rational folks disagree with such ridiculous recommendations and political positions.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I know I'm "out of my lane" here, commenting even though I'm not a LEO, rather a doc, but...

How is it that the most ridiculously-ignorant and emotionally-prejudiced people seem to come to be in the political positions of being able to recommend or promote legislation about matters such as firearms ownership, firearm characteristics, LEO use of force or extent of LEO powers in dealing with suspected or potential "offenders"?

They clearly know little or nothing about the matters for which they presume to recommend restrictions and prohibitions.

How can it be that genuinely-expert consultants regarding the matters in question are never invited to become involved?

Just venting.

I think, or at least hope, that many, perhaps most rational folks disagree with such ridiculous recommendations and political positions.
    Well, just think about the same phenomena applied to your profession.

For the first time in 50 years you guys are treating diseases previously eradicated, all because of bored unemployed soccer moms browsing the internet while taking a shit and posting their ignorance on facebook. In other words: Fuck your medical degree and the combined experience and research of your profession.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Ran into a retired coworker about 18 months ago. Guy looked great. Fit, relaxed, smile on his face. I remarked on it to him and he said, "Never underestimate the stress relieving health benefits of being able to tell assholes to go fuck themselves." God....I can't wait. 2 years 4 months....

Proposed by Reps. who have bought into the narrative that the police routinely utilize deadly force in an indiscriminate manner. Or they are simply pandering for votes from minority constituents. Fortunately, this will go nowhere in the Senate. God help us if the conservatives lose the Senate in 2020.

And as indicated by others, extremely glad that I am long retired from LE.

Student
    The title of that legislation is such a dystopian acronym it is almost comical.

Just a political stunt. Very hard to make an argument that such a statute is within the enumerated powers of Congress. The fact that two members of Congress, having sworn to uphold the Constitution, would sponsor such a monstrosity, is problematic.

User Tag List