Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: “How do you propose to end mass shootings then?”

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I mean, he's from New York so does that even really count?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Is this a good place for this?

Florida Man Lost His 2A Rights, Thanks To Red Flag Laws And Mistaken Identity

Even though it was evident they had the wrong man, Carpenter was forced to hand over his firearms. There was no hearing or any kind of court proceeding.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Sounds like a good reason to get involved and ensure that a given states' Red Flag Law is written well, instead of just stomping feet in the corner and yelling, "Nanananananana!" with fingers inserted in ears.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    63% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes – 5 times the average. (US Dept. Of Health/Census)

90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes – 32 times the average.

85% of all children who show behavior disorders come from fatherless homes – 20 times the average. (Center for Disease Control)

80% of rapists with anger problems come from fatherless homes – 14 times the average. (Justice & Behavior, Vol 14, p. 403-26)

71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes – 9 times the average. (National Principals Association Report)

43% of US children live without their father [US Department of Census]

40 percent more likely to raise children in poverty

80 percent of adolescents in psychiatric hospitals are fatherless

70 percent of adolescents in juvenile detention facilities are fatherless

70 percent of childhood pregnancies occur in fatherless homes

What is the root cause of fatherlessness?
    So you are saying it is the women's (Mom's) fault...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    What are the stats for kids with a father and no mother?

Site Supporter
    What is the root cause of fatherlessness?
    1. Women want to have children.

2. Men want to have sex and some want to produce children.

3. Pretty good evidence that when there are economic circumstances such that the male is not a good economic contributor to the family, the women will have children but get rid of the men. The latter are an added economic burden. It has been seen across nations and cultures. You can have a place with 70% nuclear families and when economic hard times hit, the marriage rate can go down to 20 ish %.

The males produced in such families without good economic opportunities orient towards illegal activities and the associated criminality. However, most males don't want to be involved in crime or violence. However, the alpha males in such communities tend to dominate and pull the society down.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    What are the stats for kids with a father and no mother?
    I couldn't cite a source, but I've read that there are numbers indicating they are remarkably good. There just aren't a lot of data points due to our legal system generally defaulting to just giving custody to the mom unless she's in jail. Maybe that's in Glenn's lane?
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 08-20-2019 at 04:34 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Or the (absent) man’s fault. Or the simple ideas that two people might raise a child better than one; or that there is an effect related to the presence or absence of specific gender roles within a family; or lots of stuff. They’re statistics, from which you can draw your own conclusions.

I think a safe conclusion is that being a father is important. Don’t leave, and don’t be such an asshole that you have to leave, and marry carefully so that it doesn’t come up, and practice marriage well (I would say “rightly ordered”) so that you can keep from strangling each other. Other conclusions would want more data I think.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Having less stability by not having two parents very likely contributes to the issue discussed. Since women and not men most often have child custody, then all the responsibility rests with them. Teen pregnancy initiates a cycle of poverty. The female then becomes at risk of being under educated and under employed. The cycle continues into the next generation and so on. I saw this repeatedly in one of the parenting programs that I worked in. Sadly some young men gleefully had many children. One obit from a 24 year old former student showed that he had 11 children. Such problems are not limited to minority communities, but my observation revealed that it is over represented there.

Recently my wife had surgery. While at the hospital I saw a young woman age 35 who had been in my class 19 years ago. She had her 8 children with her. She was pregnant with the 9th. Two of her children were teen daughters. Both were pregnant. You might ask how do I remember her age? She was an immigrant person for whom I went to bat and twisted arms to help her straighten out fubarred paperwork. I had hoped for the best for this child. Unfortunately she is married to a Lone Star card. This example is extreme, yet probability is high that the other children will enter the cycle of poverty, which may be the biggest contributor to crime issues. In her case low intelligence or lack of ability did not cause what I observed. She is smarter than her teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Would be interesting to see if the ACLU gets involved for violations of his rights.

User Tag List