Thread: SigSauer Academy precision rifle courses (LE or Open)

SigSauer Academy precision rifle courses (LE or Open)

Seeking feedback on any of the scoped rifle courses offered by the SigSauer Academy, either at the New Hampshire facility or at a hosted site. Courses could be from the open enrollment "precision scoped rifle 1/2", LE restricted "police marksman 1/2", DM, or skill builders. Feel free to send a PM if there's something you don't want to share publicly or is personnel-specific. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ST911; 08-14-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

As with most Sig Academy (hosted) classes the experience varies widely depending on who you get for instructor and what students you get in the class. For example, last year, I took one day Precision Rifle Skill builder, which is advertised as "intermediate". At the beginning, one student said that he was new to precision shooting, so the instructor wasted 2 hours explaining basics, etc and we didn't get online until 11am for a one day class.
    I also had a somewhat negative experience with their Advanced Precision Rifle class 5 years ago - I felt the instructor spent more time breaking in a .50 cal and missing for the day two than doing any actual instruction.
    On the other hand, I had a good experience taking their "Winter carbine" course.
    In my experience, Sig is VERY BAD in enforcing the advertised minimum requirements for their classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    In my experience, Sig is VERY BAD in enforcing the advertised minimum requirements for their classes.
    I've only taken one class there (Low Light Pistol Operator) but that was somewhat apparent to me as well. That said, if they were any more strict on the minimum requirements I suspect they'd run out of students to fill classes pretty quickly.

I too have interest in taking a rifle course there.

Also, depending on where you are, take a look at Ridgeline shooting academy. I got lucky and had a chance at a two day one on one in their precision 2.0. The instructor, Rudy, is the read deal.

User Tag List