Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Active shooter in Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Think Dallas...
    Just because PPD used a bomb once doesn't mean their command staff has the stones to do it again.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Banned
    I get the feeling that this is going to be the thing that galvanizes them. If the antis don't get an assault weapons ban out of this they won't get one out of anything
    Last edited by Cypher; 08-15-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Site Supporter
    The incident is now over with the suspect in custody.

He had an AK-47 and multiple handguns despite multiple gun convictions which made his possession of those guns illegal. PA already has universal background checks for all transfers except between husband and wife, parent and child, and grandparent and child. This situation is being used to call for more gun control, but if anything, it shows that gun control does not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I get the feeling that this is going to be the thing that galvanizes them. If the antis don't get an assault weapons ban out of this they won't get one out of anything
    Yeah I'm sure they will expect that drug dealers will give up their weapons during an "assault" weapons ban. Strong delusion abounds.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Yeah I'm sure they will expect that drug dealers will give up their weapons during an "assault" weapons ban. Strong delusion abounds.
    It's not the drug dealers they're trying to disarm

Student
    That's an interesting idea that people applied this to Sandy Hook but it might not apply to a high-risk warrant that ended with a higher number of wounded officers than the public might expect.

I'm reminded of a couple relatively recent videos around California and Nevada and elsewhere, where multiple rounds were fired during vehicle pursuit or in an area where a lot of cars were passing by.

I will not pretend to know the details of this particular situation yet, nor do I know anything about what the outlook on training is for law enforcement in Philadelphia and to what degree it influenced the outcomes here. However when I read the mayor's reaction to this, along with Mr. Weems' remarks on the the mentally disturbed individual with a knife attacking two Athens officers, I must hope that what you say is not true, because it's one thing if the civilian disarmament agenda gets pushed further. But it is another entirely new thing to me if the increased media attention on police controversies and casualties that result from perpetually mismanaged/underfunded/undertrained departments is used to justify that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    That's an interesting idea that people applied this to Sandy Hook but it might not apply to a high-risk warrant that ended with a higher number of wounded officers than the public might expect.

I'm reminded of a couple relatively recent videos around California and Nevada and elsewhere, where multiple rounds were fired during vehicle pursuit or in an area where a lot of cars were passing by.

I will not pretend to know the details of this particular situation yet, nor do I know anything about what the outlook on training is for law enforcement in Philadelphia and to what degree it influenced the outcomes here. However when I read the mayor's reaction to this, along with Mr. Weems' remarks on the the mentally disturbed individual with a knife attacking two Athens officers, I must hope that what you say is not true, because it's one thing if the civilian disarmament agenda gets pushed further. But it is another entirely new thing to me if the increased media attention on police controversies and casualties that result from perpetually mismanaged/underfunded/undertrained departments is used to justify that.
    I suspect they're going to frame it as "Not even the police are safe from these weapons of war."

ETA well what do you know

https://www.facebook.com/67450987175...7840737842176/
    Last edited by Cypher; 08-15-2019 at 10:00 AM.

The fact that most chiefs and commissioners are not 2A proponents will only help the antis.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I suspect they're going to frame it as "Not even the police are safe from these weapons of war."

ETA well what do you know

https://www.facebook.com/67450987175...7840737842176/
    Well Mr. Mayor, maybe you should arm your officers with better gear and training!

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Well Mr. Mayor, maybe you should arm your officers with better gear and training!

Unbelievable.
    It struck me as odd (and sad) that one of the original police radio communications requesting help SPECIFICALLY called for officers with rifles to respond. Meaning Philly PD hit a known dope target with at least one known violent offender in residence WITHOUT any long guns. Because why?

Regardless, I just wish that well meaning people on the other side of this argument would realize that passing a restrictive law isn't the same as using a Harry Potter wand and yelling "expeli armus!" The BG who are getting their weapons and armor illegally will continue to do so. Restrictive laws ONLY affect the law abiding - criminals will continue to ignore them...

User Tag List