Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Colorado Springs

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    In the interest of discussion, doesn't this only apply to federal buildings? I know that the El Paso County Citizen's Service Center is posted only that open carry of firearms is prohibited. Same with the municipal libraries here. But then the county courthouse is off limits and covered under the section about government buildings that have security and screening equipment.

I did not know that. I have done a little research and have been unable to disprove it. Thank you for that.

Edit: I have seen "no weapons" signs at State buildings that have no security screening.
    I know in Pueblo, the county municipal building where you can register your vehicle or deal with other county offices doesn't ban concealed carry. The sign on the door only prohibits open carry. Beyond Pueblo county I don't really know. I play it safe and don't carry if I ever have to go into any government building, which is pretty rare for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Thinking of heading up to Pikes Peak soon. Maybe around early October.

My wife wants to go, and I guess that means "I want to go".

Will there be much snow in early October? She really wants to see snow. Being from Mexico City, she is not used to it.

I am reading that you now have to take a shuttle to the top. Is this accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thinking of heading up to Pikes Peak soon. Maybe around early October.

My wife wants to go, and I guess that means "I want to go".

Will there be much snow in early October? She really wants to see snow. Being from Mexico City, she is not used to it.

You can drive to the top.

As far as snow, no one can predict. Maybe leftover snow from last winter. Maybe 3' of fresh powder.

Here is a resource for you.

https://www.pikes-peak.com/attractio...icas-mountain/

Might wanna bring oxygen. They sell it at Walmart now.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 09-18-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Banned
    You can drive to the top.
    They closed the highway to private vehicles. You have to take a shuttle to the top now

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    They closed the highway to private vehicles. You have to take a shuttle to the top now
    Oops. When did that happen?

Banned
    Will there be much snow in early October?
    I looked up there yesterday and there's snow now

It's accurate and it's a hell of a lot easier on your car

Banned
    Oops. When did that happen?
    About the time they shut down the Cog Railway.

Personally I'd rather take a shuttle. Driving up there is hard on your car.

According to this, it appears that they have restricted the SUMMIT to automobile traffic due to construction at the summit. Unless this site is wrong too...

https://coloradosprings.gov/pikespeakshuttle

Summary. Prolly better call them.
    Last edited by cornstalker; 09-18-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Site Supporter
    I drove to the top of pikes peak in June 1992. It was so cold I left right away. Eventually I learned to be prepared for any kind of weather in the springs

They're building a new vistor center/gift shop so there's no room at the top to park. That's why there's shuttles. I went last July and we made it almost to the top but there are various spots along the way with flaggers to let you know when to pull off. They fill up the higher parking areas first and work their way down.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 09-19-2019 at 04:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List